BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Thread: FONT HELP: Fonts used in Kill Bill & Star Wars

For the most part doing more important things.

FONT HELP: Fonts used in Kill Bill & Star Wars

I'm collecting resources for a Poser comic of the fanfilm screenplay I may never get to film for Star Wars: Way of the Gun, and I find myself in need of a couple of fonts. Could any of you identify the fonts used for:

Title Card: "A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far Far Away..."

or

Title Card: "Revenge is a dish best served cold." -Klingon Proverb

The Kill Bill one is reasonably like Century Gothic if I remember rightly. But if you folks know better, could you correct me on it with the proper names?

Mine reads:

(On the black screen appear the words, preferably in the ??? font: )

Aggression is the dark side. It should never be consorted with. Be at perfect peace and harmony before acting. Even if it means being killed. A Jedi Paladin never stands in anger or hate.

(Then under that

Never draw first...

(Then, under THAT

…and never use a lightsaber.

(And finally under that…)

-Master Nars Teepo, Jedi Paladin

(These words fade away as the music starts to build. They're replaced by)

A LONG TIME AGO, IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR, AWAY...

I feel remarkably unburdened with the need to explain, justify or defend anything I say, feel or do online to any self-entitled anonymous snarkwit who feels I owe their point of view a form of cogent argument or debate. Life is too short to stress myself arguing with strangers over minutiae. Ya don't like it, ignore me and go read something else. -WinterRose

Re: FONT HELP: Fonts used in Kill Bill & Star Wars

Thanks! Update: The Star Wars font I wanted (after a bit of elementary research I should have done myself) was Trade Gothic. And was later changed by the Lucas folks to Franklin Gothic. I still don't know what the Kill Bill font was.

I feel remarkably unburdened with the need to explain, justify or defend anything I say, feel or do online to any self-entitled anonymous snarkwit who feels I owe their point of view a form of cogent argument or debate. Life is too short to stress myself arguing with strangers over minutiae. Ya don't like it, ignore me and go read something else. -WinterRose

Quote Originally Posted by chris page
    you're a little dork, a little NINJAPIRATE and the rest is equal mixture christian bale/johnny depp/angelina jolie lust.

MySpace /
    Comic Space of the RK gang

Got those. I've even got one or two there that those pages don't have. (Shadows of Xizor, Aurek-Besh) But I don't have Trade Gothic. Dammit... all the kill bill pages want to do is show me the etymology of the Wrath of Khan/Dangerous Liasons quote. I'm gonna have to pop in the DVD and look at it now.

Yup. I was right. The Kill Bill quote is Century Gothic. Problem solved. Thanks folks!