BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Man Attempts World Record By Listening To 'We Built This City' 324 Times in 24 Hours

Cth

Man Attempts World Record By Listening To 'We Built This City' 324 Times in 24 Hours

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10112006...y_pagesix_.htm

October 11, 2006 -- TALK about torture. Blender magazine editors chose Starship's 1985 hit "We Built This City" as the worst song of all time. Now they've assigned contributor Russ Heller to set a world record for repeatedly listening to the worst song ever. He'll sit in a plexiglass booth at the Best Buy in NoHo starting Friday at 8 a.m. and grit his teeth as "We Built This City" is played at least 324 times over a grueling 24 hours.

Re: Man Attempts World Record By Listening To 'We Built This City' 324 Times in 24 Hours

Poor Fucker, knee deep in the hoopla, indeed.

T
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy-Klone View Post
    First draft of TIP's eulogy:
    "And so we commit this hairy man to the ground. Like his beloved Cerebus, TIP passed from this mortal coil two issues sooner than we'd have preferred. We were never promised those final two issues. Life, like Sim, can be utterly indecipherable."

Re: Man Attempts World Record By Listening To 'We Built This City' 324 Times in 24 Hours

Someone always playing...operation games.....
    reason deleted

www.silentdevil.com

man...I wouldn't want to be that guy. That's considered inhumane torture in some countries.

Ouch.

I mean, I love cheesy 80s music. I love it. But even I can't tolerate this more often than once every five years or so. Oy.

I love that song. I could so fucking do that.

Does he have to listen to it at normal speed?
    Heygregory.com | CookingWithVillainy.com

Quote Originally Posted by R0cketFr0g View Post
    I'm open to Gregory's ministrations.

There are cutters.

Self-inflicting piercers.

Bulemics and anorexics.

And then there's this guy.
    Brian Defferding
    Freelance Illustrator
    Portfolio | Website | Twitter

Isn't there always supposed to be an authorized rep. from Guinness there to verify that a record has been set. Wouldn't that person, by default, also be setting the record? Of course, there could be a couple of reps who take shifts, I suppose. And is this Best Buy open 24 hours?!? So lame, yet so many questions...

- B

Well, that's one way to get your 15 minutes.