BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Janeane Garofalo a Scientologist?

Question Is Janeane Garofalo a Scientologist?

someone just told me that's why she quit her radio show. I thought it was because they didn't pay or something though.

Re: Is Janeane Garofalo a Scientologist?

I went to Ask.com and all the bastards gave me was this...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12583654/from/RSS/

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Garofalo came under fire from her listeners for her comments on her April 28, 2006 show supporting Scientology-linked "New York Rescue Worker's Detoxification Program, a questionable treatment for workers now suffering ailments from 9/11 clean-up efforts in New York City.

Garofalo announced that she would be leaving her co-host position on The Majority Report on the broadcast of Friday, July 14, 2006. Although several reasons for her departure were cited (including her outside acting responsibilities), the relationship between Garofalo and co-host Sam Seder had become increasingly strained, owed largely to Garofalo's promotion of a Scientology-linked treatment program for firefighters and rescue workers in New York City. Garofalo responded to Seder's opposition, suggesting that he wouldn't have a problem with the program if it were linked to Jews rather than Scientologists. Seder, who is Jewish, and his producer walked off the set in angry protest.
    Taxman

More proof she's an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan the Shaggy View Post
    Shut up Mike!

Hypocrite.

She goes on Bill Maher's show, calls the Bible a "wonderful work of fiction" and then sells herself to Scientology?
    Artwork and more:

"Everything is permissible for me"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"—but I will not be mastered by anything. - I Cor. 6:12

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryudo
    I went to Ask.com and all the bastards gave me was this...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12583654/from/RSS/
    so she is? its still not that clear.
    hmm.

People can believe whatever...I really don't care, but there are some strange Hollywood decisions that get made over that religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Jo. Zil. La. My sin. My soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABSEN View Post
    Yeah but your prices have gone up since then. You're like the Adam Hughes of blow jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Your pal, Jim View Post
    I fucking love Stosh

GODFATHER

No, to my knowledge she's an atheist. Could just be she got in with the group for different reasons or her "conversion" was recent. I know that my opinion of her would certainly drop a hundred stories if this were true. She has always had a more level headed mindset when it comes to religious belief to the point of mocking even and it would scream bullshit to me for her to all of a sudden believe an even hokier version of religion. I did think her getting the gig on West Wing strained things between them a little too.

That bit above makes Seder look more like an idiot than her. Look at her dating record; she's hardly anti-Semitic.
    Heygregory.com | CookingWithVillainy.com

Quote Originally Posted by R0cketFr0g View Post
    I'm open to Gregory's ministrations.

Quote Originally Posted by Race
    Hypocrite.

She goes on Bill Maher's show, calls the Bible a "wonderful work of fiction" and then sells herself to Scientology?
    to be clear, I don't know that she is. advocating this program is a curious step for someone who isn't though. I know Scientologist have a pretty poor view on other faiths, but thats a pretty common trait to a lot of religious organizations.

anyways, while I'm certainly no fan of Scientology (I think a lot of things they advocate are pretty dangerous), I still found it weird that it might have causd her to quit her job (although thats pretty much what happened to Tom Cruise isn't it?). but it looks like their might have been more too it.