BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: FINALLY! California bans hand-held cellphone use in autos.

Re: FINALLY! California bans hand-held cellphone use in autos.

I still think a lot of people have cell phones just to have them, and they don't really need them.

People that need them to conduct business have a purpose for them. Mostly, if I see someone on a cell phone, the gist of their conversation is A: Gossip. B: chit-chat. C: Lazy, useless shit like "hey! I'm at the store, you want some chips? What kind?"
    Everyone's got one. Here's my Webcomic

Great news. I'm a huge fan of cell phone calls in the car, but I think headsets are the way to go. At least one less element of distraction...

Quote Originally Posted by xyzzy
    Until I see a study (preferably several) that compares the effects of various distractions, I remain unconvinced.
    Mythbusters did a study.

Cellphone driving was worse than drunk driving.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipClark
    http://www.centralvalleybusinesstime...s/001/?ID=3026

This is something that I felt needed to be addressed since I moved here. It's been illegal in NYC for a couple of years now. I'm glad to see Cali follow suit.

Now, hang up and drive, asshole!
    Talking on the cell phone doesn't cause accidents in California. Its the shitheads in the fast lane going 55 miles an hour. Or those retarded people who get on the freeway going 30.

On the streets, its those people that think they can make yellow lights even though there are 3 cars ahead of them.

If people just used common sense, there wouldn't be as many accidents. That and all the old people. You know what's dumb about California (and most of the other states int he nation) is that once you pass your behind the wheel test, you never have to re-take it. WHY NOT!? OLD PEOPLE CAN'T DRIVE!!! Sure they know the rules, so they can pass the written renewal. Once you turn 50 you should have to re-take the behind the wheel test every 7 years.

Besides, before cell phones everyone used to get into accidents changing the radio station or putting in a new CD, and they never banned car stereos

Alex(sadly)Maleev

Quote Originally Posted by xyzzy
    Until I see a study (preferably several) that compares the effects of various distractions, I remain unconvinced.
    Swiss have conducted a study showing that driving while on the phone equals 1.6 promiles in the blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex(sadly)Maleev
    Swiss have conducted a study showing that driving while on the phone equals 1.6 promiles in the blood.
    That says nothing about other activities. And I don't know what a promile is.

This space intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Donal
    Mythbusters did a study.

Cellphone driving was worse than drunk driving.
    I saw that, and as entertaining as it was, it was stupid. You can hang up a cell phone. Or even if you don't hang up, at least stop trying to solve word problems. You can't just stop being drunk.

This space intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Skatonic10
    Talking on the cell phone doesn't cause accidents in California. Its the shitheads in the fast lane going 55 miles an hour.
    Maybe it's those that believe that there is a "fast lane".

Or those retarded people who get on the freeway going 30.
    Yes, I agree

On the streets, its those people that think they can make yellow lights even though there are 3 cars ahead of them.
    Yes.

If people just used common sense, there wouldn't be as many accidents. That and all the old people. You know what's dumb about California (and most of the other states int he nation) is that once you pass your behind the wheel test, you never have to re-take it. WHY NOT!? OLD PEOPLE CAN'T DRIVE!!! Sure they know the rules, so they can pass the written renewal. Once you turn 50 you should have to re-take the behind the wheel test every 7 years.
    yes.

Talking on the cell phone doesn't cause accidents in California. Its the shitheads in the fast lane going 55 miles an hour. Or those retarded people who get on the freeway going 30.

I think everyone should have to re-take both tests when the license expires. Just because you pass it once, doesn't mean you know the rules of the road.

OLD PEOPLE CAN'T DRIVE!!! Sure they know the rules, so they can pass the written renewal. Once you turn 50 you should have to re-take the behind the wheel test every 7 years.
    I think when you get that old, you should be able to drive as fast as your age.

So, if you're 80...