BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Thread: Orbitz Gay Travel Site???

Orbitz Gay Travel Site???

http://www.orbitz.com/gaytravel/

I'm not saying gays shouldn't have their own travel site, but their "gay travel destinations" look suspiciously like...I don't know...places straight people go to as well?

But I LOVE the Orbitz commercial with the lesbian couple kissing...I just keep waiting for the inevitable Christian Right backlash. Or maybe they don't watch Bravo during Project Runway, which is the only place I've seen the ad.

Re: Orbitz Gay Travel Site???

I caught the same commercial, and was like, "Did that just say 'gay travel' at the bottom?". I mean, nothing about that commercial screamed "THIS FOR GAYS!!!!!"

I mean, sure there was that lesbian couple. Other than that, nothin.

-Steve!

I think what they're trying to say is that, while those places are also for straight people, they're also gay hotspots.

Quote Originally Posted by BWC Boston
    People who disagree with a specific opinion you hold are not, by definition, fanboys.

on an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet

There is that gay hotel in Vegas and they also have cruises for gay couples. I think basically this is focused on hotels that won't assume that because you showed up with someone of the same sex you want two beds in the room. Places that are known to be tolerant. Stuff like that. Or maybe its just a big gay love party.

Quote Originally Posted by The Roman Candle
    I think what they're trying to say is that, while those places are also for straight people, they're also gay hotspots.
    I know...and they do have gay-only cruises and stuff on the site, too.

I'm just more shocked that a major company has put out this ad, and this site, since most companies seem to play it safe and only advertise to the majority. I'm just praying they don't experience any backlash!

on an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet

There have always been very 'gay' ads in print. I think its about time they have them on tv. Just waiting for them to show up during Monday Night Football (which is SO gay. I mean, a bunch of guys in tights bent over looking at each others asses, reaching under eachothers legs, piling up on each other, group hugs. slapping each others asses... so gay)