BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow, I just had a mindwipe revelation (Venom/Spider-man)

Wow, I just had a mindwipe revelation (Venom/Spider-man)

Hey, guess what?
    Venom doesn't suck!

Yeah, I know, I'd forgotten too!
    I bought the Fox Spider-man DVD with five Venom episodes, and it reminded me just how bad ass Venom is. I think he's so bad, he might even be a better arch-nemesis than Green Goblin.

Now, over the last few years, I admit, the Mickey Mouse business going on with Venom has been ridiculous. The Tsunami/Spectacular 'blob Venom' affair was a mistake from the beginning, in my opinion, and some of what went down before that was pretty weak too.

Ultimately, one has to admit, Venom's evolution has been reasonably logical.
    He couldn't do away with Spidey, so the lethal protector moniker stuck a little stronger, and things carried on in that direction.

Before that, wow!
    We're talking about a guy with all of Spidey's powers, only stronger, AND he can alter his appearance, and go undetected by spider-sense.

As if the physical advantages weren't bad enough, the guy also knew everything about Spider-man. Holy shit, this guy was great!
    To me, Venom is like the ultimate, legitimate horror movie threat! He could spring out at any time, anywhere on Parker, and just cut sick.

So, what does this have to do with anything?

We can do it again.
    The stars are aligned, and we can put Venom back on top.

Like I said, Venom (Brock) outlived his potential as a scary threat, but we've got a clean slate now. Scorpion has just bonded with the symbiote, and can now soak up all that juicy knowledge.

Venom, could be scarier than ever.
    Brock had to be watered down. Gargan did too, and he became a joke.

But now we can do it again.
    Gargan can become the ultimate, stalking villain, and remind us all that Venom wasn't just a flash in the pan replacement for Wolverine.

So, who's with me?
    VENOM IS AWESOME!

Re: Wow, I just had a mindwipe revelation (Venom/Spider-man)

I've always liked Venom. If nothing else, the Venom/Spidey fights made for some great visuals.

Does this mean you're now looking forward to Venom's inevitable movie appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jay
    I've always liked Venom. If nothing else, the Venom/Spidey fights made for some great visuals.

Does this mean you're now looking forward to Venom's inevitable movie appearance?
    Absolutely! Not sure about the casting for Eddie Brock, but I'm all kinds of pumped about seeing Venom on the big screen!

I have to admit, I too have been a Venom fan for the most part.
    I'm willing to acknowledge he had a pretty shallow string of appearances after his initial success.

The only time I haven't liked Venom is the blob stuff.

I really someone capitalizes on Gargan's new status, because this could be huge! I mean, love him or hate him, Hush has done amazing things as a closely matched, ever stalking presence in Batman.
    I think Venom, handled in the right way, could really do the same for Spidey, and I'd say he bloody well needs a shot of life right about now!

Always was a huge Venom fan. Although he was so damn hard to beat in that Spiderman Sega game! argh!
    I do think the character was misused recently but was one of the greatest Spiderman villains in the beginning. I actually didn't like the Gargan/Venom thing they did in MK but if they follow through with some of your ideas it wil give me hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by AAlgar

Drew's OG, foo'!

"Never Cross the Blue Line with your Head Down."

Quote Originally Posted by Drewr15
    Always was a huge Venom fan. Although he was so damn hard to beat in that Spiderman Sega game! argh!
    I do think the character was misused recently but was one of the greatest Spiderman villains in the beginning. I actually didn't like the Gargan/Venom thing they did in MK but if they follow through with some of your ideas it wil give me hope.
    Yeah, I think Gargan being Venom just presents a really convenient opportunity to strip Venom back to what he was in the beginning.

Gargan will just be learning all this information, and be looking to exploit the suit's power to it's fullest extent. It's a new toy, and he's ready to be a big hitter now, so he should really be capitalising on it.

I think there's a real opportunity to do some revolutionary stuff in a Spider-man comic. Some really atmospheric stories, and some great horror style story telling could come out of this, and I will bare knuckle fight Joe Quesada to let me tackle it.

Let's face it... I may be the Ultimate Adevntures guy, but MK: Spidey sounds like it can't get much worse. What've you got to lose?!?

Jokes aside, I'm really pumped about Venom again.
    It's been a nice reminder of what he used to mean to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Haseloff
    Yeah, I think Gargan being Venom just presents a really convenient opportunity to strip Venom back to what he was in the beginning.

Gargan will just be learning all this information, and be looking to exploit the suit's power to it's fullest extent. It's a new toy, and he's ready to be a big hitter now, so he should really be capitalising on it.

I think there's a real opportunity to do some revolutionary stuff in a Spider-man comic. Some really atmospheric stories, and some great horror style story telling could come out of this, and I will bare knuckle fight Joe Quesada to let me tackle it.

Let's face it... I may be the Ultimate Adevntures guy, but MK: Spidey sounds like it can't get much worse. What've you got to lose?!?

Jokes aside, I'm really pumped about Venom again.
    It's been a nice reminder of what he used to mean to me.
    Hear Hear! I will be your second in that fight because I like your ideas and I've just dropped MK Spiderman. I would love to have a reason to pick it up again.
    Quote Originally Posted by AAlgar

Drew's OG, foo'!

"Never Cross the Blue Line with your Head Down."

Quote Originally Posted by Drewr15
    Hear Hear! I will be your second in that fight because I like your ideas and I've just dropped MK Spiderman. I would love to have a reason to pick it up again.
    If only the sugar were as sweet as you.

I would love to see a scary Venom in comics and a future movie

Quote Originally Posted by Piechuck
    I would love to see a scary Venom in comics and a future movie
    I'm really hoping that they use Hayden-Church as Venom in the next movie. He'd be perfect. I can't imagine how they could top that in Spider-man 4, though. They'd have to start doubling up on the villains. And I hope they don't screw with the costume at all. If they would just use CGI based on the old Erik Larsen drawings it'd be perfect. Bagley would also be acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jay
    I'm really hoping that they use Hayden-Church as Venom in the next movie. He'd be perfect. I can't imagine how they could top that in Spider-man 4, though. They'd have to start doubling up on the villains. And I hope they don't screw with the costume at all. If they would just use CGI based on the old Erik Larsen drawings it'd be perfect. Bagley would also be acceptable.
    I get the feeling that it will be Sandman instead