BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Good DVD-to-iPod programs?

  1. #1

    Good DVD-to-iPod programs?

    Any recommendations? I have one, but I cannot figure out how to actually open the DVD in my drive, so far I can only see how to convert video files already on my computer.

  2. #2
    Gunsel dimeshop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    2,573

    Re: Good DVD-to-iPod programs?


  3. #3

    Re: Good DVD-to-iPod programs?

    there's not one program that goes from dvd to ipod. you'll need one program to break the copy protection on the dvd and rip it to the hard drive, and then another one to convert it into an ipod friendly format.

    i'm not sure the point. I don't think the ipod has enough battery to get through an entire movie. it would be cutting it close at best.

  4. #4
    Lego Boy SteveFlack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    14,434

    Re: Good DVD-to-iPod programs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad P
    there's not one program that goes from dvd to ipod. you'll need one program to break the copy protection on the dvd and rip it to the hard drive, and then another one to convert it into an ipod friendly format.

    i'm not sure the point. I don't think the ipod has enough battery to get through an entire movie. it would be cutting it close at best.
    Nope, handbrake does both, and the 60- gig iPod has a 3 hour battery time when watching video.

    -Steve!

  5. #5

    Re: Good DVD-to-iPod programs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad P
    i'm not sure the point. I don't think the ipod has enough battery to get through an entire movie. it would be cutting it close at best.
    Arrested Development episodes are only 22 minutes.

  6. #6

    Re: Good DVD-to-iPod programs?

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveFlack
    Nope, handbrake does both, and the 60- gig iPod has a 3 hour battery time when watching video.

    -Steve!
    didn't know about handbrake. that's cool.

    My experience is that it doesn't take much for the battery to get to where it won't go two hours on video.

  7. #7
    Gunsel gaspar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Shikoku
    Posts
    4,651

    Re: Good DVD-to-iPod programs?

    PocketDVD also works. Goes straight from DVD to iPod format. My brother (who is not the most tech savvy guy in the world) loves it!
    Click to see my original art collection:

    See my random autograph collection!
    Check out my blog!

  8. #8
    Gunsel dimeshop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    2,573

    Re: Good DVD-to-iPod programs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad P
    didn't know about handbrake. that's cool.

    My experience is that it doesn't take much for the battery to get to where it won't go two hours on video.
    I took a flight where I watched Spider-Man 2 (which I had ripped using handbrake) from the start to the scene where Harry unmasks Spidey and then had enough battery life to listen to music from waiting for the baggage claim to taking public transit to my hotel.

  9. #9

    Re: Good DVD-to-iPod programs?

    3gp converter is dynamite aswell
    "While I consider myself to be a benevolent-ish dictator, I have no choice but to introduce a battery of oppressive security measures."
    -Phil (lost cousin of the Boss)


    New Sitehttp://www.dorkshelf.com
    Check it out

  10. #10

    Re: Good DVD-to-iPod programs?

    Watching a Movie on a 4inch screen is retarded.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •