BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Thread: Portland, OR: Allergies?

Portland, OR: Allergies?

To anyone who's lived in Portland, Oregon:

The wife and I are thinking about moving to Portland next year from Los Angeles. She gets really bad allerigies during the summer. Does anyone know if the conditions are any better for sufferers in Portland (or Beaverton specifically if that makes any difference whatsoever) than in southern California?

Thanks

Re: Portland, OR: Allergies?

Quote Originally Posted by choi
    To anyone who's lived in Portland, Oregon:

The wife and I are thinking about moving to Portland next year from Los Angeles. She gets really bad allerigies during the summer. Does anyone know if the conditions are any better for sufferers in Portland (or Beaverton specifically if that makes any difference whatsoever) than in southern California?

Thanks
    I've lived in Portland all my life, and for about 5-6 weeks in spring my eyes itch like mad.

The rest of the time it's not so bad. Of course, I could be reacting to a different sort of pollen than your wife. This is a very green town, so she may react worse up here.
    You fuckers think just because a guy reads comics he can't start some shit?
    My LJ MySpace?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    The Candy Man wants his fucking money.

Believe it or not, my brother used to be alergic to everything until he went to an acupuncturist in LA. I don't know what the fuck they did, but he doesn't have nearly the problems he used to.

My mom and I both live in Beaverton, and we both have allergy problems. So does my boss.

Dr. Ω

allergies are going to vary greatly from person to person and geographical location...allergies vary so much among people that even children won't always have the same allergies that their parents have...

so essentially the only way to be sure is to go there and find out

I visited Portland once, but I was too stoned to remember if my allergies acted up or not. I'm told I was there for over a week, but I could swear it was about two days.

Quote Originally Posted by BWC Boston
    People who disagree with a specific opinion you hold are not, by definition, fanboys.

Depends on what she's allergic to.

Late winter/Spring: molds, mildew, grasses, tree pollens, lilacs (a big allergy for me) and other flowering plants.
    Summer: grasses, all flowering plants, minor smog, particulates (grass burning season).
    Fall: grasses, trees.
    Winter: mold, the usual indoor allergies that you'd find anywhere a house is closed up for heating (dust, mites, etc).

My spring allergies are bad enough that I can't open the house up for the first bits of nice weather and I don't do as much gardening as I used to. But other people don't have any problems at all, so it's pretty individual.

Thanks everyone.

I love this board.