BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Thread: Gyllenhaal, Downey align for 'Zodiac'

Gyllenhaal, Downey align for 'Zodiac'

Gyllenhaal, Downey align for 'Zodiac'

Jake Gyllenhaal
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Liza Foreman
    Mark Ruffalo is in negotiations and Jake Gyllenhaal and Robert Downey have signed onto David Fincher's long-gestating thriller "Zodiac." Phoenix Pictures is producing.

Gyllenhaal will play Robert Graysmith, the journalist and author of the two books, "Zodiac" and "Zodiac Unmasked," upon which the film is based. Downey will play fellow reporter Paul Avery, and Ruffalo would play the San Francisco homicide inspector in charge of the case.

The books revolve around the real-life tale of a serial killer known as the Zodiac Killer, who terrorized San Francisco for 25 years. Graysmith and Avery worked at the San Francisco Chronicle, which the killer used as a conduit to communicate with authorities.

James Vanderbilt is adapting.

The two studios are co-financing the picture. Alli Shearmur and Marc Evans are overseeing for Paramount, which is handling domestic distribution. Lynn Harris, Greg Silverman and Geoff Shaevitz are overseeing for Warners, which is taking international output. Warners is the lead studio on the project.

Phoenix chairman Mike Medavoy, president Arnie Messer and vp production Brad Fischer are producing with Vanderbilt. Fincher's production partner, Cean Chaffin, also is producing.

Ruffalo just wrapped "All the King's Men" for Columbia Pictures. His recent credits include "Collateral" and "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." His upcoming releases include "Rumor Has It" and "Just Like Heaven."

Ruffalo is represented by WMA and manager Robert Stein.

Gyllenhaal's credits include "The Day After Tomorrow" and "The Good Girl." His upcoming releases include "Brokeback Mountain" and "Jarhead."

Downey's credits include "Gothika" and "The Singing Detective." His upcoming films include "Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang" and the Edward R. Murrow feature, "Good Night, And Good Luck."

Gyllenhaal is repped by CAA and Management 360 and Downey is repped by CAA.

Re: Gyllenhaal, Downey align for 'Zodiac'

It's great and all that they're making a flick about the Zodiac, who may or may not exist (and if he does, then he's still out there) but SCREW JAKE. What happened to Maggie Gyllenhaal? She can't just take my heart in Secretary and run like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade
    I think Boris kicks ass... that's not a question... hell, that's not even an opinion. It's a statement of fact...

hmmmm, I'd really like to see me some top notch Fincher, hope this is it. This could be interesting

still trips me out that they never found him.
    Quote Originally Posted by BENDIS!
    i don't think alex lanin exists.

Wow, this could be the scariest flick ever if it's executed just right.

I mean, I got spooked just reading articles about all the evidence.
    There's some real potential for scares in there, in the most cerebral way.

Now, on the other hand, why continue to glorify this guy?
    One of his letters was regarding the glory of being immortalized in film.
    There's already been two or three movies. I think it might be time to let it go.

I'm afraid that Fincher's visual assault style could suck the potential creepiness out of this. I enjoy most of his film, and Seven was creepy as shit, but that seems to be where that style ended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade
    I think Boris kicks ass... that's not a question... hell, that's not even an opinion. It's a statement of fact...

More Fincher is goody

dfw tx (fuck you texas haters! only texans can hate it! :x)

Quote Originally Posted by Boris the Blade
    but SCREW JAKE.
    add another "t" and im down...