BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BENDIS BOOK: Powers #17

BENDIS BOOK: Powers #17

Bendis & Oeming's newest issue of POWERS comes out today. Tell us what you thought.

Re: BENDIS BOOK: Powers #17

I had no idea this came out today!
    Posted By Taki Soma
    Re: Ask Oeming
    Dear Mike,
    Kiss?

www.michaeloeming.com

Quote Originally Posted by Oeming
    I had no idea this came out today!
    Oops...I wasn't supposed to tell you. Bendis is going to be SOOO mad!

im kinda half in and half out of this story. ive always loved bendy for his crime/mystery stories (and his beautiful head). powers has become my only fix for such stories from the man but this current storyline doesnt really have any of those elements to it. i liked how the powers division was the cleanup for all the over the top superpowered battles of the type i see in most of my comics. they danced on the periphery of the heroes and villains, matching their deeds with wit and perseverence. now the main characters BOTH have powers and i feel like its become . . . well just another superhero book. but putting it that way makes it soud worse than it is. im still buying and enjoying it. id just like to see the investigative side of the book return within the year.

anybody else foresee a superbattle between deena and walker?

Quote Originally Posted by DeluxeVoltron
    anybody else foresee a superbattle between deena and walker?
    indeed, it shall come to pass, if only to "restore" Deena's precarious sanity. I don't foresee a death match necessarily, but the book seems to heading into really dark territory at least as far as our 2 characters are concerned.

What also seems interesting is that I think we've all assumed Walker "got his powers back" - but what powers? We've yet to witness what he might be capable of (or not), and assuming they'll be the same as before is, well, I just can't imagine that being true.

Another point maybe worth discussion; check the panel in Legends where Wolfe implodes/explodes...notice his power spiriling out in arcing tendrils...notice that first Deena cowers then reaches out to touch one of the beams...I'm going with the premise that Bug did not infect her, but instead awoke either what Olympia gave her (sketchy), or what she received from that Wolfe moment...

Anyone care to further these notions or re-route me?

GODFATHER

i am so sick of...

that was pretty damn funny. what a wound up cranky son of a bitch. had a bit of a bad day while scripting this one BENDIS!?

i like the theory that deena has come up with regarding her powers.

walker seems to be the most powerfull individual we have seen in the series so far. that was a pretty damn impressive fight.

i imagine walker and deena will be called to investigate the murders at the bar. boy is that gonna be ackward.

interesting direction for the book to take. seems to be adding a bit of hero noir on top of its crime noir. i like it.
    'If You Don't Know Where You're Going, Any Road Will Get You There." --The Cheshire Cat

Be hold the Glory of Hermit Crab in a Glass Shell

Absolutely loved this issue and I can't wait to see where this goes with Deena and her powers, and Walker's new responsibilities. Great cover. Can't wait for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by greg donovan
    i imagine walker and deena will be called to investigate the murders at the bar. boy is that gonna be ackward.
    Oh my god!!!!

I never even thought of that as a possibility.

Nice homage (did I spell that right? ) cover. I have been enjoying them immensely, Mike!!

The fight in space was all shwilly-zam-a blamma (that's a compliment, and you can feel free to use that quote on the cover, Bendis )

and I feel like an ass, because the colorists name is escaping me , but he has added an extra level in this arc.

Kudos all around for an outrageous rant, a battle among the stars, and a little bit of the old ultra violence.

GODFATHER

Quote Originally Posted by Shwicaz
    Oh my god!!!!

I never even thought of that as a possibility.

Nice homage (did I spell that right? ) cover. I have been enjoying them immensely, Mike!!

The fight in space was all shwilly-zam-a blamma (that's a compliment, and you can feel free to use that quote on the cover, Bendis )

and I feel like an ass, because the colorists name is escaping me , but he has added an extra level in this arc.

Kudos all around for an outrageous rant, a battle among the stars, and a little bit of the old ultra violence.
    holy shit!

ron has liked hulk and walker in space. that is a big accomplishment BENDIS!
    'If You Don't Know Where You're Going, Any Road Will Get You There." --The Cheshire Cat

Be hold the Glory of Hermit Crab in a Glass Shell

Quote Originally Posted by greg donovan
    holy shit!

ron has liked hulk and walker in space. that is a big accomplishment BENDIS!

yeah, what's up with that shit?