BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNN reportedly hires radio host Glenn Beck

CNN reportedly hires radio host Glenn Beck

Wow this guy's a real dick head! talks about a fucking right wing nut job!

Spoiler:

Summary: CNN's Headline News has reportedly hired radio host Glenn Beck in spite of his history of making controversial comments.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported on January 17 that CNN's Headline News has hired Glenn Beck -- a nationally syndicated radio host known for making controversial statements -- "for a new prime time program." Media Matters for America has compiled some of Beck's more notable comments:

* On families of the victims of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks: "[T]his is horrible to say, and I wonder if I'm alone in this -- you know, it took me about a year to start hating the 9-11 victims' families? Took me about a year."

* On Hurricane Katrina survivors who remained in New Orleans: "And that's all we're hearing about, are the people in New Orleans. Those are the only ones that we're seeing on television are the scumbags -- and again, it's not all the people in New Orleans. Most of the people in New Orleans got out! It's just a small percentage of those who were left in New Orleans, or who decided to stay in New Orleans, and they're getting all the attention."

* Discussing disclosures from a caller who claimed to have tortured prisoners in U.S. custody: "I've got to tell you, I appreciate your service. ... Good for you. Good for -- I mean, good for you. Is it because you did it for the country?
    ... I have to tell you, when all is said and done, I'm glad people like you are on our side."

* On filmmaker Michael Moore: "Hang on, let me just tell you what I'm thinking. I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out -- is this wrong?"

* On the father of Nick Berg, American civilian executed in Iraq: "The want to be a better person today than I was yesterday says he's a dad, he's grieving, but I don't buy that. I'm sorry, I don't buy it. I think he is grieving, but I think he's a scumbag as well. I don't like this guy at all."

News of Beck's hiring follows a recent report that CNN has hired radio host and former Reagan administration Secretary of Education Bill Bennett, who said in September, "[Y]ou could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down."
    http://mediamatters.org/items/200601170001

Re: CNN reportedly hires radio host Glenn Beck

Quote Originally Posted by dan*f-ng*kiely
    Wow this guy's a real dick head! talks about a fucking right wing nut job!

Spoiler:

Summary: CNN's Headline News has reportedly hired radio host Glenn Beck in spite of his history of making controversial comments.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported on January 17 that CNN's Headline News has hired Glenn Beck -- a nationally syndicated radio host known for making controversial statements -- "for a new prime time program." Media Matters for America has compiled some of Beck's more notable comments:

* On families of the victims of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks: "[T]his is horrible to say, and I wonder if I'm alone in this -- you know, it took me about a year to start hating the 9-11 victims' families? Took me about a year."

* On Hurricane Katrina survivors who remained in New Orleans: "And that's all we're hearing about, are the people in New Orleans. Those are the only ones that we're seeing on television are the scumbags -- and again, it's not all the people in New Orleans. Most of the people in New Orleans got out! It's just a small percentage of those who were left in New Orleans, or who decided to stay in New Orleans, and they're getting all the attention."

* Discussing disclosures from a caller who claimed to have tortured prisoners in U.S. custody: "I've got to tell you, I appreciate your service. ... Good for you. Good for -- I mean, good for you. Is it because you did it for the country?
    ... I have to tell you, when all is said and done, I'm glad people like you are on our side."

* On filmmaker Michael Moore: "Hang on, let me just tell you what I'm thinking. I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out -- is this wrong?"

* On the father of Nick Berg, American civilian executed in Iraq: "The want to be a better person today than I was yesterday says he's a dad, he's grieving, but I don't buy that. I'm sorry, I don't buy it. I think he is grieving, but I think he's a scumbag as well. I don't like this guy at all."

News of Beck's hiring follows a recent report that CNN has hired radio host and former Reagan administration Secretary of Education Bill Bennett, who said in September, "[Y]ou could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down."
    http://mediamatters.org/items/200601170001
    Two things. One, listen to his show, he's funny and usually makes sense. Two the 9-11 victim's families bit was about the few of them that came out against the War in Afghanistan. The bit about Nick Berg was about how he came and turned the whole thing into a crusade to get us out of Iraq. The bit about New Orleans is about the people who LOOTED THE CITY. Mot of those quotes are about people turning horrible things into spring boards for agendas. Don't just read the quote, think about it context (and, once again, try to listen to him some time.)

(By the way, I'd like to hear the full clips from those quotes. They seem rather doctored.)

Nah, i deem him Crazy!

I haven't heard a lot of his show [we only get an hor in St. Louis.] But he has always seemed much more reasonable than this one his show, however since it is decently comedy based I can imagine how they would get inappropriate quotes. In fact many people on both sides of the spectrum seem to enjoy him, aroung here. However we've learned in this century that right or left, if you say anything that doesn't fit into a sentence or two you'll be attacked for it.
    In Vino Veritas

Gunter

In my truck I only have an AM radio and the only station that comes in good is the local Fox radio affiliate. Glenn Beck is on every morning and I listen to him usually on the way to school and home for lunch.

Most of what he says is outrageous and he means to be outrageous. I actually heard the piece on Michael Moore the day he said it. You could tell he wasn't being serious.

I still don't care for a lot of what he has to say, and then there are the things he says that I agree with but the way he presents them I want to disagree.

But I find that to be the case on both sides of the political spectrum, especially the commentating personalities.

Issue Smissue! He's crazy

Quote Originally Posted by DeleriumTremens
    I haven't heard a lot of his show [we only get an hor in St. Louis.] But he has always seemed much more reasonable than this one his show, however since it is decently comedy based I can imagine how they would get inappropriate quotes. In fact many people on both sides of the spectrum seem to enjoy him, aroung here. However we've learned in this century that right or left, if you say anything that doesn't fit into a sentence or two you'll be attacked for it.
    Yeah, he usually goes over the top for fun.

I hate it when people go over the top just for fun.
    as a matter of fact i think we should line them all up and shoot them in the brain box. And goddamn those army bloggers too!

Quote Originally Posted by dan*f-ng*kiely
    I hate it when people go over the top just for fun.
    as a matter of fact i think we should line them all up and shoot them in the brain box. And goddamn those army bloggers too!
    Hell yeah I think that anyone that goes over the top is worse than Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo and Stalin combined.
    In Vino Veritas

This is an idea fraught with peril. Only a matter of time before he leaves the network for making an indefensible comment.
    Heygregory.com | CookingWithVillainy.com

Quote Originally Posted by R0cketFr0g View Post
    I'm open to Gregory's ministrations.