BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 'slice of life' indy comics

Consiliere

Re: 'slice of life' indy comics

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Defferding
    I really like the slice of raisinbread comics. They're very tasty.
    Are they published by the Waffle House?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Ziolko
    Are they published by the Waffle House?
    IHOP Press.

T
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy-Klone View Post
    First draft of TIP's eulogy:
    "And so we commit this hairy man to the ground. Like his beloved Cerebus, TIP passed from this mortal coil two issues sooner than we'd have preferred. We were never promised those final two issues. Life, like Sim, can be utterly indecipherable."

Cth

Quote Originally Posted by Taki Soma
    so I guess my dreams of writing/drawing a comic of my own boring life is out eh?
    /goodmantibbitz mode on

I think they'll induldge you if you include a wank scene, but probably ONLY if you do.

/goodmantibbitz mode off

Quote Originally Posted by Cth
    /goodmantibbitz mode on

I think they'll induldge you if you include a wank scene, but probably ONLY if you do.

/goodmantibbitz mode off

I liked "A Sort of Homecoming." Is that slice of life? And would "Fortune and Glory" also be?

Quote Originally Posted by Taki Soma
    so I guess my dreams of writing/drawing a comic of my own boring life is out eh?
    not if it has xander eating people

Quote Originally Posted by RandyG
    Thank you, Taki.

God forbid someone with no money sits down and makes a comic for no financial gain. Just because they love the medium and want to create something. Oh, how horrible. What a waste. I mean, I'm getting so sick of these "slice of life" comics being shoved down my throat on every comic website.

Corporate comics with companywide crossovers and multiple titles for the same character, male and felmale versions of the same characters and varient foil covers are much better for everyone. As well as the 18 pages of ads for underwear and cars. Those are far less annoying.

You don't like "slice o' life" comics, don't buy them. Go buy a foil varient, 1st printing sketchbook, directors cut, crossover instead. Much less annoying. Plus how will they make a mediocre movie out of that stuff if you don't?
    Right, cause anyone who doesn't like those kinds of indie comics are peter pan syndrome fanboys with no taste, right? It couldn't be that they don't like them 'cause 90% of them suck? And 99% of them have the exact same message?

Shitty comics are shitty comics, from variant hologram cover Marvel and Dc b.s. to navel gazing masturbatory slice of life indie books. Badly done slice of life comics aren't better due to the sheer fact that they're indie and no one made any money on them...

Quote Originally Posted by Brad P
    not if it has xander eating people
    he tries to eat my foot everytime I'm on the phone.

I'm a drifter. Lonesome drifter. Got no place to call my own no more.

I for one, am sick and fucking tired of the comics with the constant explosions and people getting beaten to fuck and back. If I wanna read about a bunch of mopey teenagers whining about their life revealations, then dammit, that's what I'll do. Fuck all of you for nay-saying.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyG

You don't like "slice o' life" comics, don't buy them. Go buy a foil varient, 1st printing sketchbook, directors cut, crossover instead. Much less annoying. Plus how will they make a mediocre movie out of that stuff if you don't?
    I would buy a foil varient, 1st printing sketchbook, directors cut, crossover 'indy' in a minute!

Maybe the depressed alternateens from the coffeshop could walk over and visit the ones in the indy record store!! And to celebrate the event, 12 varient covers!

Good God, best idea ever!