BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: not sure if i am gonna stick w/THe Pulse after Bendis and Jessica leave

  1. #11
    Gunsel thatguylobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In a fowl-smelling shack, where bears come to die.
    Posts
    4,805

    Re: not sure if i am gonna stick w/THe Pulse after Bendis and Jessica leave

    I really miss Alias.

  2. #12
    Consiliere TheKraken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    18,542

    Re: not sure if i am gonna stick w/THe Pulse after Bendis and Jessica leave

    Wow... I hadn't heard about this. I was willing to give some one else a shot with Jessica, but this sounds like it'll be an entirely different book. And I don't care a whit about de-powered mutants, so...
    --Dewey


  3. #13

    Re: not sure if i am gonna stick w/THe Pulse after Bendis and Jessica leave

    i'm done.

    as equally saddening as bendis is gaydos. in many ways, moreso.

    i was very down when pulse started with gaydos, but now that we had him back for two issues, i'm not going to bother.

  4. #14
    GODFATHER The Human Target's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Inside the Deadhouse
    Posts
    40,283

    Re: not sure if i am gonna stick w/THe Pulse after Bendis and Jessica leave

    Yeah, no.

    I haven't even been super interested it the Pulse as is.

    Its gone now.

    Why in the fuck can Marvel never come up with new names for stuff?

  5. #15
    GODFATHER
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    in my house...in fargo
    Posts
    22,752

    Re: not sure if i am gonna stick w/THe Pulse after Bendis and Jessica leave

    Quote Originally Posted by The Human Target
    Yeah, no.

    I haven't even been super interested it the Pulse as is.

    Its gone now.

    Why in the fuck can Marvel never come up with new names for stuff?
    considering that the pulse is the name of a section of the daily bugle dealing w/mutants and super heroes. this type of a change makes sense.

    also as many have stated about the pulse it didnt seem to be a good fit for jessica. so her leaving makes sese in that respect too.

    in my mind it served its purpose as a transitional phase in jessica's life.

    it also gave us the single best HOM tie in of them all.
    'If You Don't Know Where You're Going, Any Road Will Get You There." --The Cheshire Cat

    Be hold the Glory of Hermit Crab in a Glass Shell

  6. #16
    GODFATHER The Human Target's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Inside the Deadhouse
    Posts
    40,283

    Re: not sure if i am gonna stick w/THe Pulse after Bendis and Jessica leave

    Quote Originally Posted by greg donovan
    considering that the pulse is the name of a section of the daily bugle dealing w/mutants and super heroes. this type of a change makes sense.

    also as many have stated about the pulse it didnt seem to be a good fit for jessica. so her leaving makes sese in that respect too.

    in my mind it served its purpose as a transitional phase in jessica's life.

    it also gave us the single best HOM tie in of them all.
    I agree that it was a bad fit for Jessica. But really, has it ever been that much about the paper?

    But a book changing characters and focus so much and still being called the same book annoys me to no end.

    Hell, I loved Milligan's X-Force but it in no way needed to be called that and it was silly..

  7. #17
    Consiliere TheKraken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    18,542

    Re: not sure if i am gonna stick w/THe Pulse after Bendis and Jessica leave

    Quote Originally Posted by greg donovan
    it also gave us the single best HOM tie in of them all.
    That ain't sayin' much...
    --Dewey


  8. #18
    GODFATHER
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    in my house...in fargo
    Posts
    22,752

    Re: not sure if i am gonna stick w/THe Pulse after Bendis and Jessica leave

    Quote Originally Posted by The Human Target
    I agree that it was a bad fit for Jessica. But really, has it ever been that much about the paper?

    But a book changing characters and focus so much and still being called the same book annoys me to no end.

    Hell, I loved Milligan's X-Force but it in no way needed to be called that and it was silly..
    it didnt rerally get a chance to be about the paper because it was delayed and then the dissasembled and HOM stuff came along and mucked everything up.

    the first arc was centered pretty strongly around the paper.
    'If You Don't Know Where You're Going, Any Road Will Get You There." --The Cheshire Cat

    Be hold the Glory of Hermit Crab in a Glass Shell

  9. #19
    GODFATHER
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    in my house...in fargo
    Posts
    22,752

    Re: not sure if i am gonna stick w/THe Pulse after Bendis and Jessica leave

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKraken
    That ain't sayin' much...
    say what you will the issue was awesome
    'If You Don't Know Where You're Going, Any Road Will Get You There." --The Cheshire Cat

    Be hold the Glory of Hermit Crab in a Glass Shell

  10. #20
    Right Guy KAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brew City, Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,734

    Re: not sure if i am gonna stick w/THe Pulse after Bendis and Jessica leave

    Well that does me in for the Pulse, and I'm glad Bendis took Jessica, I don't think he writes a better character. Hopefully with the release of that new Alias fancy pants edition coming out we'll see a new Jessica series.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •