BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sin City Thoughts...(Spoilers)

Sin City Thoughts...(Spoilers)

well i saw it and i must say i was blown away. it was visually awesome and the acting was alright. michael madsen kind of sucked though. my dad who has never read a sin city comic thought that it was too much. he said all the killing was basically unessecary. i thought it was kind of too much too see of sin city in one viewing but i loved it. did anyone else think when hartigan was hung they should have started rolling the credits and then cut back to him? that would have rocked!

5/5

Re: Sin City Thoughts...(Spoilers)

So did your mother wait in the car?

T
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy-Klone View Post
    First draft of TIP's eulogy:
    "And so we commit this hairy man to the ground. Like his beloved Cerebus, TIP passed from this mortal coil two issues sooner than we'd have preferred. We were never promised those final two issues. Life, like Sim, can be utterly indecipherable."

I like the movie overall but thought the arc of That Yellow Bastard was incredibly stupid. I have never read that Sin City comic and I guess i didn't miss much.

I though The Big Fat Kill comic was lame and wasn't thrilled with the movie version either.

I enjoyed Marv's story quite a bit though.

I also though Elijah Wood made a great 'Kevin'. What a creepy little dude Elijah is!

A rather good transition from comic to movie even though I didn't like two of the stories.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by TIP
    So did your mother wait in the car?

T

no? i saw it with my dad if you couldnt decipher that from the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Movie...Maker...
    my dad who has never read a sin city comic thought that it was too much. he said all the killing was basically unessecary.
    You should point out the title to him, it might help explain some of that.
    My Twitter
    Anonymous Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad N.
    We may butt heads on wrasslin from time to time, but a mutual hatred for Green Bay practically makes us brothers.

no? i saw it with my dad if you couldnt decipher that from the post.

Right.

I got that.

You saw the film with your dad and I was simply asking if your mother waited in the car while you boys were in the theater.

Maybe she went to the bar for a few boilermakers to wile away the time?
    T
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy-Klone View Post
    First draft of TIP's eulogy:
    "And so we commit this hairy man to the ground. Like his beloved Cerebus, TIP passed from this mortal coil two issues sooner than we'd have preferred. We were never promised those final two issues. Life, like Sim, can be utterly indecipherable."

Quote Originally Posted by Brewtown Andy
    You should point out the title to him, it might help explain some of that.
    well he still liked it but i dont know. ill get him to buy me the comics by saying he could read them too.

Quote Originally Posted by TIP
    Right.

I got that.

You saw the film with your dad and I was simply asking if your mother waited in the car while you boys were in the theater.

Maybe she went to the bar for a few boilermakers to wile away the time?
    T

my dad who has never read a sin city comic thought that it was too much. he said all the killing was basically unessecary. i thought it was kind of too much too see of sin city in one viewing but i loved it. did anyone else think when hartigan was hung they should have started rolling the credits and then cut back to him? that would have rocked!

5/5
    I had tears in my eyes from the moment on the pier when skinny little nancy curled up in hartigan's lap pretty much through the end of the movie. THere was no way this movie was going to disapoint me, my boy frank, my boy rodriguez... I went in expecting to love it & suprise suprise, I'm going to se it again tomorrow night.

I think a lot of america is going to be with your dad though, I've thought it ever since I heard who was in the movie. All kind of big stars & a black & white brutal fucking movie with wall to wall naration.... Joe walmart isn't expecting that in a Bruce willis/jessica alba movie.

I was hoping they'd roll credits while hartigan was hanging there too, like in the comic but I checked out the trade at the store last month & they do it the same as the movie in there, just a black page.

I'm really fucking happy about how good the movie was. THe stuff i was concerned about (the yellow bastard & deltoro's makeup looking wierd) totally worked for me in motion way better than in the stills we've been seeing forever.

I thought madsen was pretty weak in the begining too (he was better by the end) and sometimes the score got weak but I loved the score outsidt the barn in that yellow bastard...

I fucking loved this movie, did i mention that.

I can't wait for the dvd with the deleted scenes, I so wanted to see the scene with marv & wendy sleeping in the same room & you see marv get up through the window blinds & try to crawl in bed with her "go back to your couch marv"...
    Last edited by TonyFleecs; 04-02-2005 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonMasterJim
    I like the movie overall but thought the arc of That Yellow Bastard was incredibly stupid. I have never read that Sin City comic and I guess i didn't miss much.

I though The Big Fat Kill comic was lame and wasn't thrilled with the movie version either.

I enjoyed Marv's story quite a bit though.

I also though Elijah Wood made a great 'Kevin'. What a creepy little dude Elijah is!

A rather good transition from comic to movie even though I didn't like two of the stories.

Jim
    wow, i love That Yellow Bastard....

i think it's a great book...

of course, i also like the other ones, but i have nothing against YB