BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pets: anyone ever have a pug?

Brent Yellow Thunder

Pets: anyone ever have a pug?

So my ma and I are trying to convince my dad to get a pug. Anyone ever have one? What're they like? Good social dogs? Hard to train?

-j

Re: Pets: anyone ever have a pug?

They're good dogs, I hear, but something about their faces freaks me out.
    Join the Prime-Punch revolution!
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ead.php?210786

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering!

www.grayhavencomics.com

Very good dogs...but very very gassy.

T
    (sez the English Bulldog owner...the Bullies are Damn Gassy...always a treat to the nose)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy-Klone View Post
    First draft of TIP's eulogy:
    "And so we commit this hairy man to the ground. Like his beloved Cerebus, TIP passed from this mortal coil two issues sooner than we'd have preferred. We were never promised those final two issues. Life, like Sim, can be utterly indecipherable."

my room mate had one.

he was cute and small, but a handful with lots of energy. Make sure if you get one to take him out for walks and shit, otherwise they will tear up the house.

My mom has two of them. Very social, playful dogs. Not aggressive at all. They were amazingly easy to house break, they picked up their names quickly. A little bit hyper at times but not so much that it's a problem. They do seem kind of prone to accumulating ear junk but that's easily treatable with some solution you can get from the vet. Also, they do need their facial folds cleaned on a weekly basis to prevent infections. Great dogs, though.

Brent Yellow Thunder

Awsome. Thanks for all the info, everyone.

-j

My mom has one. Be warned, like Shwicaz said they are VERY wired. I mean like all the time. It gets annoying after a while. My mom's dog is also an eating machine. She'll eat anything, even her own crap (the dog, not my mom). They love to rip stuff apart, so don't let them near important papers. They're kind of like a combination of dog, billy goat, and pig. On the plus side they're very friendly and happy dogs. My mom's pug has never once snapped at anyone in anger (but they do play very aggressively, so you'll still probably get hurt anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by stevapalooza
    They love to rip stuff apart, so don't let them near important papers.
    This is true. My mother's pugs have gotten better but they still can't be completely trusted.

My mom's pug has never once snapped at anyone in anger (but they do play very aggressively, so you'll still probably get hurt anyway).
    This is also true. They're great pets, they really are, but I don't want to sell ya on getting one and then have ya be surprised by this stuff.

Brent Yellow Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by King of Mars
    This is true. My mother's pugs have gotten better but they still can't be completely trusted.

This is also true. They're great pets, they really are, but I don't want to sell ya on getting one and then have ya be surprised by this stuff.

Not at all. Right now I'm just gathering as much information as possible. Because I know that with my mom she's just going to want a dog to hold and hug and things like that. I know I'm going to be the one that trains it and walks it and feeds it. So yeah, information gathering stage.

Thanks again for all the input, and that input to come.

-j

Playful and all that, sure, but dumbest damn creature I've ever come across.
    Aaron J. Rushton
    Often Imitated, Never Duplicated