BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's Taking Care of the X-Men?

Who's Taking Care of the X-Men?

So with all this talk of House of M, DeciMation, Generation M, Son of M, etc., what's going to happen to Uncanny X-Men and X-Men? These books, as of late, feel disconnected and stagnant from the rest of the Marvel titles. Also, compared to twelve issues of Astonishing X-Men, the titles don't do the characters justice at all.

So, of all the times to really retool how the titles are going to be run, this may be it. The books are about to run head-first into the aftermath of an event that effects mutants in a deep and profound way, and one that may leave some X-Men powerless, and we'll have Peter Milligan and Chris Claremont to take up those chores. Isn't this a bad idea? Can they handle the emotional impact of an event of this magnitude, while keeping true to the characters and an interesting plot? They're going to shoulder this themselves, so can they pull off something this big?

Re: Who's Taking Care of the X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by BeetlejonnyZ
    So who has to sit in the Naughty Chair?

Yeah for xmen after Havok ran off with the nurse, Annie, during his wedding to Polaris that shit went downhill for me.

As for uncanny Claremonts ruining that book again too. Psylocke has come back usless and the other characters have been written so lame lately its not even funny.

Even the house of M x-men has sucked and their supposed to be important in the HOM

GODFATHER

I still feel like Milligan is just getting his footing on X-MEN. Claremont, eh, his time is past.

give it to Brubaker and Kirkman.

"Filipinos are a warm, gentle, caring, giving people, which is a good thing since so many of them carry concealed weapons." - Neal Stephenson,Cryptonomicon

man i just wish they'd give it to ANYBODY who would make me want to read it again.

Quote Originally Posted by madmartigan
    give it to Brubaker and Kirkman.
    two writers whose strong suits are nowhere near what is required to write x-men

GODFATHER

two writers whose strong suits are nowhere near what is required to write x-men
    Brubaker is actually going to write X-Men: Deadly Genesis, a mini that's based back in the first Giant Size X-Men. I think Kirkman should be writing Spider-Man personally, but he could definitely do X-Men.

I just don't see how these books can continue to operate the way they have been with these writers at the helm. I just don't think they're capable of telling the necessary stories here.