BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Namor vs. Wonder Man - Who wins?

Re: Namor vs. Wonder Man - Who wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Taxman
    He doesn't need those to fly any more.
    I chose to go "classic" Wonder Man for the purpose of this debate. I'm not a big fan of glowing purple guy.

I'm running the NYC Marathon to raise money for Autism Speaks! Info Here! Donate Here!

Trouble Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Kefky
    I'm inclined towards Namor. Wonderman's strong, but Namor tangles with the Hulk and the Thing for fun.Just saw your post... Are you talking about avengers 154?
    Yes, that is the issue.

'Cause Namor had no idea how strong Wondy, and that's REALLY strong. And Namor doesn't get any extra strenght just for being AROUND water as far as I know. He needs to be inside it to get the power-up. I think being around it only means that he wouldn't get weak like he usually does when he's outside.
    They exchange fists at first when Attuma tricks him into believing Wonder Man is fighting for him. Remember how the first time Wonder Man knocks him out the station the next panel shows namor circling really close to the water but not getting dipped in it. That could only mean his strength is at a maximum because it wouldn't make sense that as he almost touches the water the thought ballooms say that he is thinking he had never faced such a strong oponent and that Wonder Man is in a class with Thor. So at that time he already knew what kind of oponent he was dealing with. Also Namor is shown traveling over the ocean to get were the Avengers are battling Attuma so he for sure has dipped into water a couple of times while heading there.

Plus, he was already dazed after being hit by that pillar.
    The pillar didn't hit Namor by itself. It was only a bigger surface area for Wonder Man to focus all his strength and hit Namor with the equal of a giant fist that would cover his entire torso. Once Namor has received that gigantic blow. Wonder Man finishes him up with a regular fist saying, Namor goes out NOW! And that is when he knocks him out.

Oh, and whoever said Byrne's Namor sucked wasn't reading it closely enough. That was the last great thing he ever wrote.
    I agree, Byrne's was a decent run. He was civilized a lot more than in Astonishing Tales though.

Simon = Actor
    Namor = King

King > Actor

Namor wins.
    Facebook ID: Doug Hahner

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchel
    The pillar didn't hit Namor by itself.
    That's not what I was implying. What I meant is that he hit Namor with it BEHIND HIS BACK. He was busy with the Whizzer, and not worrying about Wondy much since he didn't see him as being that strong. So he really, REALLY took that hit, and the punch that followed even more so.

Don't get me wrong... I'm a big fan of the character too, and I really dug how he treated as such a heavyweight back then. I just don't think it's that cut 'n dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchel
    I agree, Byrne's was a decent run. He was civilized a lot more than in Astonishing Tales though.
    That was the basic evolution of the character, though. J.M. De Matteis started it in his '80's mini where Namor tries to make Atlantis part of the UN, and Brne just ran with that in all his FF and Alpha Flight appearances. Plus, he was more civilized then he was during the golden age when Stan brought him back too.

GODFATHER

gotta go w/wonderman.

has namor be resurected from the dead over and over again?
    'If You Don't Know Where You're Going, Any Road Will Get You There." --The Cheshire Cat

Be hold the Glory of Hermit Crab in a Glass Shell

Trouble Boy

That's not what I was implying. What I meant is that he hit Namor with it BEHIND HIS BACK.
    No, it wasn't behind his back, he took the blow full front. Take a look at the fight. I guess you read it a long time ago.

http://www.fortunecity.com/athena/power/955/AVH155H.htm
    http://www.fortunecity.com/athena/power/955/AVH155I.htm
    http://www.fortunecity.com/athena/power/955/AVH155J.htm
    http://www.fortunecity.com/athena/power/955/AVH155K.htm
    http://www.fortunecity.com/athena/power/955/AVH155L.htm
    http://www.fortunecity.com/athena/power/955/AVH155M.htm

He was busy with the Whizzer, and not worrying about Wondy much since he didn't see him as being that strong.
    He was busy with the Whizzler but the noise of the colum crumbling in Wondy's arms must have alerted him since he has time to turn around before receiving the blow.

So he really, REALLY took that hit, and the punch that followed even more so. Don't get me wrong... I'm a big fan of the character too, and I really dug how he treated as such a heavyweight back then. I just don't think it's that cut 'n dry.
    Yes, I'm sure everybody would really dig him if he was treated with the respect he was treated back then, if only somebody could write him that well.

Quote Originally Posted by greg donovan
    gotta go w/wonderman.

has namor be resurected from the dead over and over again?
    I like that logic, as the ever-living blue eyed Namor lays grounds for ANOTHER resurrection of Wonder Man.