BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Naruto this Saturday

  1. #1
    GODFATHER St.-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,523

    Naruto this Saturday

    Great manga series hopefully a better anime. Also retailers you might want to stock up on Naruto cause I would guess kids are going to want junk and stuff from naruto. The most popular thing i can think of are the head bands aside from the manga. The series has alot of the DBZ feel and elements without the really really long panels of just staring at each other. And i feel theres alot better charatization of the enemies then DBZ as well.

    http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/naruto/index.html

  2. #2
    GODFATHER Ryan Elliott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    -4.62, -6.15
    Posts
    50,324

    Re: Naruto this Saturday

    The only(and best) Anime I've ever seen was Rouroni Kenshin. THAT was an awesome fucking show.

  3. #3

    Re: Naruto this Saturday

    Hey Sentry did you see the Samurai-X movie? it was Kenshin as well but a different attitude.

  4. #4
    GODFATHER Ryan Elliott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    -4.62, -6.15
    Posts
    50,324

    Re: Naruto this Saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeriest_Elk
    Hey Sentry did you see the Samurai-X movie? it was Kenshin as well but a different attitude.

    No not yet. I've been meaning to pick it up at the mall, but I need all the money I can for comics.

  5. #5

    Re: Naruto this Saturday

    the anime was nowhere near as good as the manga.

  6. #6
    Gunsel Kenneth I. Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Winchester, MA 01890
    Posts
    4,085

    Re: Naruto this Saturday

    I'm definitely going to give it a shot.

    A few years ago, for a brief period of time, I loved Naruto. I used to hang around a site that allowed you to download translated unlicensed manga and anime. Naruto was its star attraction before it was liscensed by Viz, and when it was, they had the anime available (that is until they replaced it with the Bleach anime). I never downloaded the Naruto anime because I never had bittorrent.

    I don't know what drove me away from Naruto more, its generic storylines or its fans. Let me tell you something, the fans are scary. Fucking horrifying. The site's community was split into two: the Naruto fans and the people who didn't read Naruto. The people who didn't read or watch Naruto had problems of their own, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the people who loved Naruto. The forum was plagued by "Naruto this!", "Sasuke that!" and "I wish Haku was a chick so I could fuck him!" I don't know how big the American Shonen Jump crowd is, but the Naruto fanbase will grow dangerously large because of the American premiere of the anime. I'm going to cherish every minute of my life until Saturday, 'cause I forsee being murdered by Naruto fanatics.

    I'm still going to give it a chance. Who knows? I might end up liking it again.
    Kenneth I. Wolfe
    http://wolfe.gen.tcd.ie/
    (I know that website says that my middle initial is "H," but that's only because I, Kenneth I. Wolfe, am in the witness protection program. It's amazing how a middle initial can throw bad guys off your trail. It fooled you, didn't it?)

    COOL LIST: Human Target, Carl Giannini

    LAME LIST:
    Hot Pink, Michael Hasselof, TomFeeg, Brandon1191, BenetoCareno,Shannon

  7. #7
    Right Guy
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle and Honolulu
    Posts
    1,998

    Re: Naruto this Saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sentry
    No not yet. I've been meaning to pick it up at the mall, but I need all the money I can for comics.
    Definately get the movies. The OVA kicks all kinds of ass. It isn't as flashy as the series (which in a sense is the continuation of the OVA) but the animation is waaay better, and it has a more realistic and gritty feel to it. Definately get it (or rent it) because it is totally worth seeing.
    Dudley P!

    My collection of original art @ [ http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=626 ]

  8. #8
    GODFATHER Ryan Elliott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    -4.62, -6.15
    Posts
    50,324

    Re: Naruto this Saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by Dood Lee
    Definately get the movies. The OVA kicks all kinds of ass. It isn't as flashy as the series (which in a sense is the continuation of the OVA) but the animation is waaay better, and it has a more realistic and gritty feel to it. Definately get it (or rent it) because it is totally worth seeing.

    I'll probably try renting it first. And then if I really like it, I'll buy it. I just need to save money.

  9. #9
    GODFATHER St.-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,523

    Re: Naruto this Saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by JesterPepper
    I'm definitely going to give it a shot.

    A few years ago, for a brief period of time, I loved Naruto. I used to hang around a site that allowed you to download translated unlicensed manga and anime. Naruto was its star attraction before it was liscensed by Viz, and when it was, they had the anime available (that is until they replaced it with the Bleach anime). I never downloaded the Naruto anime because I never had bittorrent.

    I don't know what drove me away from Naruto more, its generic storylines or its fans. Let me tell you something, the fans are scary. Fucking horrifying. The site's community was split into two: the Naruto fans and the people who didn't read Naruto. The people who didn't read or watch Naruto had problems of their own, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the people who loved Naruto. The forum was plagued by "Naruto this!", "Sasuke that!" and "I wish Haku was a chick so I could fuck him!" I don't know how big the American Shonen Jump crowd is, but the Naruto fanbase will grow dangerously large because of the American premiere of the anime. I'm going to cherish every minute of my life until Saturday, 'cause I forsee being murdered by Naruto fanatics.

    I'm still going to give it a chance. Who knows? I might end up liking it again.
    That's freaky. Naruto is pretty much where all the DBZ fans went and there pretty weird.

  10. #10
    Cth
    Guest

    Re: Naruto this Saturday

    Yeah, Naruto/DBZ fans are insane.

    Of course, I can't stand either of them either.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •