BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: RIAA Vs. The People

  1. #1
    Consiliere DrMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    19,303

    RIAA Vs. The People

    http://recordingindustryvspeople.blogspot.com/

    the folks who aren't settling and going to court against the RIAA have setup a blog

  2. #2
    Right Guy Hypester23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    1,683

    Re: RIAA Vs. The People

    Good stuff.

    Love it how the RIAA goes after people while they rip off artists, overcharge for CDs, and basically become a cartel by getting together to set ad rates.
    "YOU CAN'T JUDGE IT UNTIL YOU'VE READ IT!!!" Ever tried that logic on the Bible?...

  3. #3
    Hard Boiled Petey Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,750

    Re: RIAA Vs. The People

    That transcript is a great read. That judge totally schools the representative of the RIAA.

  4. #4

    Re: RIAA Vs. The People

    I realize the RIAA is taking a ridiculously shortsighted approach to this...but it's kinda funny how so many people have such righteous indignation over being sued for ripping shit off.

  5. #5

    Re: RIAA Vs. The People

    interesting. thanks for the link!

  6. #6
    GODFATHER Ben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Where I live
    Posts
    54,740

    Re: RIAA Vs. The People

    Sad. It would be SO easy to DRASTICALLY cut down on people stealing music online. All they have to do is reduce the price of CDs. That's it!!! Sure, it won't stop everyone, but it will stop a lot of them. For the most part, it's stopped me. I know any CD I might want to buy, the most I'd ever have to spend on it is $10 on iTunes (and I can get it even less at some of the excellent used CD stores in California).

  7. #7
    Made MattJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Michigan State University
    Posts
    5,216

    Re: RIAA Vs. The People

    Quote Originally Posted by Petey Parker
    That transcript is a great read. That judge totally schools the representative of the RIAA.
    That was kind of odd... I don't know much about the criminal justice system, but shouldn't there be at least a semblance of impartiality? Don't get me wrong, I'm on the defendant's side here, and I like to see someone representing the RIAA get a little sass, but it just seemed... inappropriate, I guess. Although a lot of it seemed to stem from the RIAA guy referring to the settlement conference, instead of deferring to the judge.

  8. #8
    Made MattJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Michigan State University
    Posts
    5,216

    Re: RIAA Vs. The People

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Sad. It would be SO easy to DRASTICALLY cut down on people stealing music online. All they have to do is reduce the price of CDs. That's it!!! Sure, it won't stop everyone, but it will stop a lot of them. For the most part, it's stopped me. I know any CD I might want to buy, the most I'd ever have to spend on it is $10 on iTunes (and I can get it even less at some of the excellent used CD stores in California).
    I, for one, agree with you. The only times I consider downloading something is if it's one song, but not a single. Something where I literally have no choice but to buy the whole album to ever hear it again. But yeah, if it's a whole album that I want, the price is reasonable enough for me to not consider getting it illegally (and I'm pretty impoverished).

  9. #9
    Hard Boiled Petey Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,750

    Re: RIAA Vs. The People

    Quote Originally Posted by MattJohnson Rides Again
    That was kind of odd... I don't know much about the criminal justice system, but shouldn't there be at least a semblance of impartiality? Don't get me wrong, I'm on the defendant's side here, and I like to see someone representing the RIAA get a little sass, but it just seemed... inappropriate, I guess. Although a lot of it seemed to stem from the RIAA guy referring to the settlement conference, instead of deferring to the judge.
    Yeah the judge should have shown some impartiality but its nice to see a judge not taking "The Man's" side. I think that lawyer just pissed him off.

  10. #10
    Made MattJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Michigan State University
    Posts
    5,216

    Re: RIAA Vs. The People

    Quote Originally Posted by Petey Parker
    Yeah the judge should have shown some impartiality but its nice to see a judge not taking "The Man's" side. I think that lawyer just pissed him off.
    Yeah, I enjoyed it immensely, it just concerns me that he might do that all the time, ala-Judge Judy.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •