BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Thread: RIAA Vs. The People

RIAA Vs. The People

http://recordingindustryvspeople.blogspot.com/

the folks who aren't settling and going to court against the RIAA have setup a blog

Re: RIAA Vs. The People

Good stuff.

Love it how the RIAA goes after people while they rip off artists, overcharge for CDs, and basically become a cartel by getting together to set ad rates.
    "YOU CAN'T JUDGE IT UNTIL YOU'VE READ IT!!!" Ever tried that logic on the Bible?...

That transcript is a great read. That judge totally schools the representative of the RIAA.

I realize the RIAA is taking a ridiculously shortsighted approach to this...but it's kinda funny how so many people have such righteous indignation over being sued for ripping shit off.

interesting. thanks for the link!

Sad. It would be SO easy to DRASTICALLY cut down on people stealing music online. All they have to do is reduce the price of CDs. That's it!!! Sure, it won't stop everyone, but it will stop a lot of them. For the most part, it's stopped me. I know any CD I might want to buy, the most I'd ever have to spend on it is $10 on iTunes (and I can get it even less at some of the excellent used CD stores in California).

Quote Originally Posted by Petey Parker
    That transcript is a great read. That judge totally schools the representative of the RIAA.
    That was kind of odd... I don't know much about the criminal justice system, but shouldn't there be at least a semblance of impartiality? Don't get me wrong, I'm on the defendant's side here, and I like to see someone representing the RIAA get a little sass, but it just seemed... inappropriate, I guess. Although a lot of it seemed to stem from the RIAA guy referring to the settlement conference, instead of deferring to the judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Sad. It would be SO easy to DRASTICALLY cut down on people stealing music online. All they have to do is reduce the price of CDs. That's it!!! Sure, it won't stop everyone, but it will stop a lot of them. For the most part, it's stopped me. I know any CD I might want to buy, the most I'd ever have to spend on it is $10 on iTunes (and I can get it even less at some of the excellent used CD stores in California).
    I, for one, agree with you. The only times I consider downloading something is if it's one song, but not a single. Something where I literally have no choice but to buy the whole album to ever hear it again. But yeah, if it's a whole album that I want, the price is reasonable enough for me to not consider getting it illegally (and I'm pretty impoverished).

Quote Originally Posted by MattJohnson Rides Again
    That was kind of odd... I don't know much about the criminal justice system, but shouldn't there be at least a semblance of impartiality? Don't get me wrong, I'm on the defendant's side here, and I like to see someone representing the RIAA get a little sass, but it just seemed... inappropriate, I guess. Although a lot of it seemed to stem from the RIAA guy referring to the settlement conference, instead of deferring to the judge.
    Yeah the judge should have shown some impartiality but its nice to see a judge not taking "The Man's" side. I think that lawyer just pissed him off.

Quote Originally Posted by Petey Parker
    Yeah the judge should have shown some impartiality but its nice to see a judge not taking "The Man's" side. I think that lawyer just pissed him off.
    Yeah, I enjoyed it immensely, it just concerns me that he might do that all the time, ala-Judge Judy.