davidmackkabuki Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reflections #5

Reflections #5

Hi David & Kabuki fans,

First off, I'm sorry I couldn't make it down to Wizard World Chicago this past weekend. It just didn't work out for me, hopefully next year though. I can see from the various pics posted on the board and DavidMackGuide.com that you and Mandy and everybody else had a great time.

But yes, I picked up "Reflections" #5 from my local store after work today and once again, I was blown away. The various sketches, paintings, and photos were beautiful as always but my favourite part is always reading your comments and getting to see your thought process into every piece. Hopefully, future issues of "Reflections" will come out on a more frequent basis.

My only beef though, and I know that you have no control over it but I have to vent anyway, is that the Canadian cover price is $9.50 CDN versus $5.99 US. The exchange has been pretty steady for the past year and has been less than 25%, making $5.99 US = $7.50 CDN. Heck, the book itself is even printed in Canada(!). You should tell your bosses at Marvel to be more kind to your Canadian brothers to the north.

Re: Reflections #5

Quote Originally Posted by jccheung
    Hi David & Kabuki fans,

First off, I'm sorry I couldn't make it down to Wizard World Chicago this past weekend. It just didn't work out for me, hopefully next year though. I can see from the various pics posted on the board and DavidMackGuide.com that you and Mandy and everybody else had a great time.

But yes, I picked up "Reflections" #5 from my local store after work today and once again, I was blown away. The various sketches, paintings, and photos were beautiful as always but my favourite part is always reading your comments and getting to see your thought process into every piece. Hopefully, future issues of "Reflections" will come out on a more frequent basis.

My only beef though, and I know that you have no control over it but I have to vent anyway, is that the Canadian cover price is $9.50 CDN versus $5.99 US. The exchange has been pretty steady for the past year and has been less than 25%, making $5.99 US = $7.50 CDN. Heck, the book itself is even printed in Canada(!). You should tell your bosses at Marvel to be more kind to your Canadian brothers to the north.

Hi Josh!
    Too bad you couldn't make it to the show. Hopefully next year!
    Great to see everyone else there!
    And a thanks for all the comments here from everyone.

Really glad you liked the new Reflections.
    It probably is the best one yet. I felt like it had a really good contrast of different kinds of work and the sequence and step by step parts of the art making.
    I'm looking forward to see what everyone thought of it.

And all are welcome to include suggestions and requests for what to include in future issues.

About the Canadian price: You have a really good point. I have no idea why the price is so high in Canadian. That seems really strange and I will check into it. No one checks with me about that ahead of time, and I don't know who chooses the Canadianb price.

But next time I am in Canada at a convention, everyone who bought this issue of Reflections in Canadian dollars can mention it to me and show me your Reflections #5, and I'll be happy to throw in an extra issue of a signed Kabuki book that you are missing to try to make up for it.
    davidmack.com & davidmackguide.com (updated daily with news)

I really enjoyed Reflections #5 a lot, I've got to track the other volumes down now!

It was great to see a little "step-by-step" behind your art David, the process is something that's interested me since I first started taking to your work. Aside from everything in it looking amazing, the "interactive" sketchbook feel to it was great. We need more of this stuff around today...keep 'em coming.

Any updates on Alchemy #5?

ah, fuck........... that's all i have to say, and i'm sorry it's profanity....

but i have exactly $4 left in my pocket, not even enough for Reflections.... and my parents dont have any money they can give me....

i just hope my store doesnt sell out of it... like the double-sized Spider-Woman.... still dont have that.....

Hey jccheung, I noticed you were from Toronto. There are quite a few stores in downtown Toronto who sell there comics for US cover price and some even sell there trades as well. Silver Snail at 367 Queen St. W. sells comics for US cover and discount their trades, 1,000,000 comix sell comics and trades for US cover, Grey Region comics at 550 Yonge St, sell comics and new trades for US cover.

Hope this helps you.

Quote Originally Posted by mccabe191
    Hey jccheung, I noticed you were from Toronto. There are quite a few stores in downtown Toronto who sell there comics for US cover price and some even sell there trades as well. Silver Snail at 367 Queen St. W. sells comics for US cover and discount their trades, 1,000,000 comix sell comics and trades for US cover, Grey Region comics at 550 Yonge St, sell comics and new trades for US cover.

Hope this helps you.

I've met the people from Silver Snail.
    Say hello to them and the other stores for me.
    I'm glad they make the books available to you with a good price.
    davidmack.com & davidmackguide.com (updated daily with news)

Quote Originally Posted by MACK!
    Will do David.

Quote Originally Posted by MACK!
    Silver Snail is an aweome store.... very well stocked for the most part...

too bad they're so far away from my house though...

Yeah, it was a great book. I love seeing this stuff.

I'm running the NYC Marathon to raise money for Autism Speaks! Info Here! Donate Here!

Got Reflections #5 last night, can't wait to dive in! I have a particular ritual when reading Kabuki - close myself in a room in complete silence and devour the whole thing, very slowly, in one sitting.

For those in the north end of Toronto, try Cyber City Comix at 1025 Steeles Avenue West. I think they charge Canadian pricing, but if you're a regular there they offer discounts.

-Talya