BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: New Avengers #8 (Spoilers)

Re: New Avengers #8 (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by nihilance
    She stopped pursueing any sort of romance with him though because she couldn't trust that what she was feeling wasn't his powers though. It's not like they reconciled over it...she got pissed and told him off and then it was never addressed again. At least that's how I remember it from when I read it in grade school.
    I was actually just re-reading these issues the other day.
    Wasp was never pursuing a romance with him--she flirted with him, but Wasp flirts with everyone; she wasn't actually looking to pursue something (Starfox and She-Hulk, on the other hand, did have a fling). Wasp started an affair with Paladin around this same time.

Starfox and Wasp did resolve the situation in #256. She mentioned her concerns (was wasn't pissed off; just a bit uneasy), and he explained how his powers work, and that he would never use it against a friend...unless they wanted him to. Jan seemed to accept this, and there were no further problems between them after that.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but it felt like I was missing a page--was it explained what Tony "gave" Logan to join the Avengers, or was that left unsaid for now in this issue?
    "YOU CAN'T JUDGE IT UNTIL YOU'VE READ IT!!!" Ever tried that logic on the Bible?...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypester23
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but it felt like I was missing a page--was it explained what Tony "gave" Logan to join the Avengers, or was that left unsaid for now in this issue?
    My impression was that we would probably never learn this.
    Taxman

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy is not going to outgross Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, and X-Men: Days of Future Past. You can count on that.

Chiseler

Quote Originally Posted by itsdlevy
    One thing that bugged me about this issue. Why go to the lengths to make the flashback art look faded and period and then muck it up with word balloons as crisp and as clear as today? Why can't they also look period?
    I just got around to reading this and I didn't even notice that, but it did bother me that the art went to the edge of the page. Also, how old is Jenkins supposed to be that he wrote a comic that old looking?

Quote Originally Posted by ds9
    The line up is cool to me but would love to see a black woman on the team
    how perfectly racist of you.
    in fact, i want a latino captain america. WE ARE TAKING OVER GODDAMNIT.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat the Bagger
    The thing is, we're like battered wives in a sense, given that we all seem to think that if we talk reasonably with Rodger about this that he'll make some concessions or stop being such a moron about this all the time. The triump of hope over experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxman
    It's not just Haselhoff.
    The Sentry was obviously never Thor, and I have never seriously suggested as much. Rather, I mocked and parodied it.

Yes, I did just search for my name.