1. "The King of the Streets" Marco Ruas
2. Don "The Predator" Frye
3. Dan "The Beast" Severn
4. "Big Daddy" Gary Goodrich
5. "The Smashing Machine" Mark Kerr
6. "The Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba
7. Bas "El Guapo" Rutten
8. Mark "The Hammer" Coleman
9. Randy "The Natural" Couture
10. "The Axe Murderer" Wanderlei Silva
1. "The Last Emperor" Fedor Emelianenko
2. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
3. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
4. Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
5. "The California Kid" Urijah Faber
6. "The American Psycho" Stephan Bonnar
7. "The Korean Zombie" Chan Sung Jung
8. "The Prodigy" BJ Penn
9. (stealing his WWE nickname here) "The Next Big Thing" Brock Lesnar
10. Marcus "The Irish Hand Grenade" Davis
My Mind's EyeOriginally Posted by Shel Silverstein
I love how no one has said anything about UFC 124... GSP wins a 5 round decision??? SHOCKER!!! Overall the card turned out better than I thought it would be. It looked like crap on paper, but there was several good fights.
How about the ALISTAIR "THE REEM" OVEREEM winning the K-1 World Grand Prix!!! He's easily one of the top combat sports fighters on the planet. Dana needs to commit to getting him into the UFC, because I don't think there's anyone in the HW division that could stop him. There's a few interesting matchup's possible in Strikeforce (vs Werdum, Barnett, Bigfoot Silva), but Fedor's management seems intent on ducking him indefinitely.
OG Benboer right here. Circa late '98 bitches! Don't even try and bring that weak ass 21st Century bullshit.
I really enjoyed the UFC 124 card. I thought the GSP Koscheck fight was great as well. I think any criticism for that fight needs to be placed solely on Koscheck's shoulders as he had absolutely no answer for GSP's stand-up and couldn't make any adjustments to counter or nullify his jab over a full 25 minutes. Hell, did Kos land a single significant strike the whole fight? Maybe I blinked and missed it.
Check out my deviant art gallery!!!
A quick sample:
Is there anyone that watches the sport that thought Koscheck ever had a chance? That Jake Shields has a chance? That Jon Fitch could do anything different other than bruise the other side of his face? GSP will only lose when he stops caring against that line-up of talent.
There will be 50 MMA events next year between Strikeforce and UFC. Saturation!
Yeah and the Reem hasn't been going up against top level talent. He's good, make no bones about that but I think he's only be a contender at best at UFC.
And yeah, 124 was the best card in a a while. Lots of decent finishes. I'm looking forward to the Jan 1st card as it looks pretty good too.