BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1044 of 1169 FirstFirst ... 445449449941034104010411042104310441045104610471048105410941144 ... LastLast
Results 10,431 to 10,440 of 11687

Thread: The OFFICIAL MMA Thread

Watching Spike's new MMA show. Jesus this is god awful. Three fucking morons trying to copy HDNet's show and doing a piss poor job of it.

Re: The OFFICIAL MMA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Briomega View Post
    Watching Spike's new MMA show. Jesus this is god awful. Three fucking morons trying to copy HDNet's show and doing a piss poor job of it.
    Ugh. That was really bad.
    OG Benboer right here. Circa late '98 bitches! Don't even try and bring that weak ass 21st Century bullshit.

Seems like Nate Marquardt and Zuffa are copacetic after all. Marquardt signs with Strikeforce.
    Heygregory.com | CookingWithVillainy.com

Quote Originally Posted by R0cketFr0g View Post
    I'm open to Gregory's ministrations.

Introducing... TALLEREEM!

OG Benboer right here. Circa late '98 bitches! Don't even try and bring that weak ass 21st Century bullshit.

Probably about time for 'Page to call it a wrap at this point. If you can't even finish Bader, what's left?

Quote Originally Posted by Briomega View Post
    Probably about time for 'Page to call it a wrap at this point. If you can't even finish Bader, what's left?
    Yea, Rampage didn't look well at all, especially for a fight he was so pumped for. I'm wondering if he had a injury since he also missed weight for the first time in his career. I think he could have finished Bader after that slam but he let him recover. Bader himself said he was out of it.

***Like I thought, apparently Rampage did suffer a knee injury in training and almost had to pull out of the fight***

Edgar vs Henderson was a great back and forth battle, but I had Henderson winning in the end. It was close, but the difference was damage done. This Cyclops picture pretty much says it all:

Overall it was a fantastic card, only really marred by some horrible decisions (30-27 Shields all 3 rounds? GTFO. I had Akiyama winning the first two rounds. Also the Mizugaki decision was pretty bad). Some how Jake Shields has managed to take his perfected Lay-and-Pray technique and brought it to the feet (Stand-and-Pray). I wonder if he's going to write another book (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...y-jake-sheilds).

Love watching all the Japanese fighters fight at home, and seeing Mark Hunt win. Also very surprised Pettis took Louzon out like that. Sets up a great rematch with Henderson! And how about Tim Boetch?!?!? Wow, that was an incredible comeback.
    Last edited by FedEx Fanboy; 02-26-2012 at 12:50 PM.

I missed it. So, Ben won?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shel Silverstein
    Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    My Mind's Eye

Quote Originally Posted by michealdark View Post
    I missed it. So, Ben won?
    Yep, although not according to Frankie Edgar.

Yeah, Ben won the decision. It appeared to be a fairly even fight with both guys scoring decent shots and take downs. Ben had a close submission at one point. Edgar landed more blows in total but Ben landed more damaging blows. At the end Edgar was banged up (see his pic above) and Smooth looked like he didn't have a scratch on him or was even tired. It appeared that most of the time Ben had the centre of the cage too, so he had Damage and Octagon control going for him.

I'm glad. Back when Ben was WEC lightweight champ I suspected he was as good or possibly better than BJ Penn. When he lost the belt to Pettis (a dead even fight, except for the showtime kick at the end of the fight) and the WEC merged it looked like he was being dismissed. Cowboy Cerrone was getting more hype and praise than he was. He really appeared to be pissed off, had a chip on his shoulder about it and beat everybody to get where he is today. Good for him.

But yes, I can see a re-match happening, if only because Pettis took a fight and lost his title shot due to the Edgar/Maynard draw - plus it'll be a fight that Ben will likely want and they can hype the history to draw interest.
    Regards,
    Jamie Coville
    CollectorTimes.com
    TheComicBooks.com

I had Ben winning every round but the first and the last round could have gone either way. I like Edgar, and it was close, but even so I didn't see any controversy with the decision.