BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 33 of 278 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Walking Dead Thread (TV, Video Games, Comics, etc)

Re: The Official Walking Dead Thread (TV, Video Games, Comics, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by HeroBoy View Post
    I think this weeks episode was a bridge to that. Asking Michonne to drive at the end is even a symbolic way of showing that Rick was finally able to ask someone else for help again. My question, or more like wonder, is if the hitchhiker was around at the end of the episode, would they have picked him up after what they went through?
    I LOVED Rick's interaction with Michonne at the end. They shared something very intimate about themselves which almost no one else knows about. They basically shared their demons with each other. It was a growing moment for the characters I had been waiting for all year. It instantly bumped Michonne to the top of my favorite characters list. And it gave Rick back a lot of points.

And what kills me is that it was so simple. It took twenty seconds and a few lines of dialogue. It just frustrates me they have been neglecting these things for so long.

[QUOTE=En Sabah Poo;8949633]I LOVED Rick's interaction with Michonne at the end. They shared something very intimate about themselves which almost no one else knows about. They basically shared their demons with each other. It was a growing moment for the characters I had been waiting for all year. It instantly bumped Michonne to the top of my favorite characters list. And it gave Rick back a lot of points.

And what kills me is that it was so simple. It took twenty seconds and a few lines of dialogue. It just frustrates me they have been neglecting these things for so long.[/QUOTE]

It only upsets me because the show goes out of it's way to show you that the staff DOES KNOW HOW to do it, they just are too lazy to do it all the time (see Darryl and the flower, Hershel and Glenn's talk a few episodes ago, and mroe little scenes that are too few and far betwee)
    Too sexy?

Quote Originally Posted by En Sabah Poo View Post
    If the new show runner did make that episode, then I think things are looking better for the show. What the show needs is more of these slower paced character study episodes, where we only deal with a couple people and get a better sense of their emotions and personalities. That last episode completely redefined Michonne, and it was so easy to do.
    That's why I have a great feeling for this coming season. There's an article on CBR http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=44094 and they mention how Gimple's writing is more character driven and how they're bringing more of a tone like in the first season. I'm fine with that, especially if they have that, but without the pacing issues that plagued the first 1/2 of season 2 (and kinda returned in the 2nd 1/2 of this season). They also said that in season 4, the walker threat is amped up, saying how this season, with the Woodbury threat, pushed the walkers more into the background and not made them as threatening.

That said, reading that article, I am curious as to which member of Rick's group betrays them, having enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BriRedfern View Post

I was definitely surprised they seemed so close to his town. But at the same time, I don't know how close they really were.

I mean they didn't spend the night there, but if they were in the town for 2 hours, they could have driven 6 hours each way to get there I suppose.

Though they would have had to bring a lot of gas with them to do that...
    It is even possible they only drove say an hour each way. I live within an hour of three prisons here and while I know what cities they're in I can't tell you exactly where they are. I mean even if he is a small town cop it doesn't mean he knows exactly where that prison was unless maybe it is REALLY close. I just get a chuckle that this is something people don't find believable about a show about zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad N. View Post
    It is even possible they only drove say an hour each way. I live within an hour of three prisons here and while I know what cities they're in I can't tell you exactly where they are. I mean even if he is a small town cop it doesn't mean he knows exactly where that prison was unless maybe it is REALLY close. I just get a chuckle that this is something people don't find believable about a show about zombies.
    Why don't they just use their robots to kill the zombies?

Quote Originally Posted by WillieLee View Post

Why don't they just use their robots to kill the zombies?
    Because Skynet wasn't online yet when the zombie apocalypse hit, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad N. View Post
    It is even possible they only drove say an hour each way. I live within an hour of three prisons here and while I know what cities they're in I can't tell you exactly where they are. I mean even if he is a small town cop it doesn't mean he knows exactly where that prison was unless maybe it is REALLY close.
    Sure, I would just be really surprised to hear they were that close to the town. Not because of any particular reason I suppose, it just hadn't occurred to me that might be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by BriRedfern View Post
    Sure, I would just be really surprised to hear they were that close to the town. Not because of any particular reason I suppose, it just hadn't occurred to me that might be the case.
    Especially since Rick told Morgan they kept getting pushed back farther into the country. It seems Atlanta may not have been much further away from that town than the prison.

For those wondering if Rick would have picked up the hitchhiker after Morgan:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/...-an-old-friend

IGN: How do you think it’s going to change Rick in terms of how he views human threats? Obviously the Governor and his people are a problem, but if Rick had run into that hitchhiker, for instance, on the way back from Morgan’s instead of on the way there, do you think he would’ve stopped?

Kirkman: That’s an interesting question. I think it’s entirely possible, but part of that hitchhiker story is playing up the fact that now that they’ve had their interactions with the Governor and their interactions with the people in that bar, it’s just not safe to talk to somebody out in the open like that. You don’t know if there’s a group of people in the woods waiting to ambush you or what the actual intention of that person is or if they’re just crazy.

I mean, they’ve encountered a lot of very dangerous people out on the road, so maybe the interaction with Morgan would’ve changed Rick to a point where he would’ve at least talked to that guy, but I don’t know. I think there’s still a good chance he would’ve just driven past him again.
    I get this all the time. They say, "You really hate Daredevil. Look how mean you are to Daredevil." I'm like, "Would you really buy a book about him enjoying a sandwich? 'What a great sandwich. I'm going to eat this for 22 pages, and I'm going to be so happy.'" I may do it just to prove a point. Have Wolverine going, "This is the best bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich I've ever had in my life!"

-Brian Bendis

Quote Originally Posted by En Sabah Poo View Post
    I LOVED Rick's interaction with Michonne at the end. They shared something very intimate about themselves which almost no one else knows about. They basically shared their demons with each other. It was a growing moment for the characters I had been waiting for all year. It instantly bumped Michonne to the top of my favorite characters list. And it gave Rick back a lot of points.

And what kills me is that it was so simple. It took twenty seconds and a few lines of dialogue. It just frustrates me they have been neglecting these things for so long.
    That was a pretty good moment. And it was better than most of the other Crazy Rick stuff they've been ham fisting and quickly shoving aside.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Wow - I always love how the dialogue on this board descends into someone calling someone else a racist because the high minded liberals dont like to discuss things.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    You are too smart for me Kedd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post