Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Thread: "The Kitten Makes Way for the Cat" NYT on Scarlett

Banned

"The Kitten Makes Way for the Cat" NYT on Scarlett

Scarlett Johansson is playing Maggie on Broadway. It's a pretty interesting article, actually. I don't understand how anyone does this, to be truthful. I'd be absolutely TERRIFIED if I had to stand on stage in front of hundreds of people and perform. But this article gives an interesting idea of how Scarlett moves between films like "Avengers" and theatre work like "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof."

Anyways, it's an interesting article: http://tinyurl.com/cjt97nx

Re: "The Kitten Makes Way for the Cat" NYT on Scarlett

You could do a lot worse than to be aligned with the names Elizabeth Taylor, Jessica Lange and Kathleen Turner.

A lot of popular movie actors are trying their hand at Broadway now. It gives them a bit of cred when most of their resume consists of popcorn flicks and stuff like that. Not a terrible idea either.

Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerjock
    A lot of popular movie actors are trying their hand at Broadway now. It gives them a bit of cred when most of their resume consists of popcorn flicks and stuff like that. Not a terrible idea either.
    Theatres love it too, as the appearance of a mainstream actor helps bring in folk who wouldn't normally see a stage production. Hopefully, at least some of those people then realise how great theatre can be in its own right and come back for more.

I feel like Scarlett has been all over the map as far as her acting choices are concerned, she started out as pretty much an indie darling then moved into more mainstream roles and now she's doing the Broadway thing. Perhaps she's just trying to remind people that she was once as well known for her acting abilities as her beauty.
    =====================
    Read My Random Ramblings on
    "The J. Goodson Blog"
    =====================
    ++ I write books! With WORDS! ++
    Get your copy of A DARK TOMORROW, THE SONG BEFORE NIGHTFALL, or GRAVE DANGER on Amazon today!
    Follow on: Twitter | Facebook

I was at the premier of the play and I have to say that she did a great job (Then again, everybody did a great job, it was a heck of a performance). She managed to stick both the accent and the projection for what was essentially an hour-long monologue in the first act, and that's not easy even for life-long veterans of the stage.
    Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get a heck of a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerjock View Post
    Well, its kind of a return to that, not a new thing. There didn't use to be any real separation of most good actors--they did both. That only really disappeared (although never completely) in the 1970s-90s.

Quote Originally Posted by JBK405 View Post
    I was at the premier of the play and I have to say that she did a great job (Then again, everybody did a great job, it was a heck of a performance). She managed to stick both the accent and the projection for what was essentially an hour-long monologue in the first act, and that's not easy even for life-long veterans of the stage.
    Lucky you.