Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DCnU as origin ground for Crime Syndicate? [Green Lantern Spoilers]

Re: DCnU as origin ground for Crime Syndicate? [Green Lantern Spoilers]

Quote Originally Posted by The Xenos View Post
    I've been wondering about this reboot DCnU turning into that evil alternate Earth.. or moreso will end up blowing up as the Twilight of the Superheros as I've heard another crazy fan theory. Certainly would explain why everything is so grimngritty and so many people are such dicks in the reboot.
    Annoying market trends explain that already though.

(GREEN LANTERN AND FLASH SPOILERS)

A commenter on Retcon Punch said they'd seen information that they'll be introducing a new Reverse Flash soon. If they're breeding a DCnU Crime Syndicate then between Lincoln March, H'el, whatever is happening with Volthoom, and now Reverse Flash then that would only leave a few more roles to fill.

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulse
    I can't remember who had that idea - a poster here, certainly - but the latest issue of Green Lantern reveals the identity of the 'first lantern'.

Spoiler:
    It's Volthoom, formerly the entity that powered the ring and lantern of Power Ring, from the Crime Syndicate.

In the rebooted continuity, that force has seemingly been powering the entire GLC now. With an Owlman in Gotham, the new DCU seems to be a lot more.... evil.

Also, Green Lantern: New Guardians appears to have borked with Kyle's origin, showing him in training on Oa with an intact Corps around him....
    I don't think that's actually what occurred. It's a separate force entirely from what powers the Corps. But yeah, it's a deliberate touch.

I had no idea that the Crime Society and Crime Syndicate were supposed to have team ups. That would have been really cool.
    [QUOTE=John M. Coker (Johnny C.);8992400]Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE![/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
    A commenter on Retcon Punch said they'd seen information that they'll be introducing a new Reverse Flash soon. If they're breeding a DCnU Crime Syndicate then between Lincoln March, H'el, whatever is happening with Volthoom, and now Reverse Flash then that would only leave a few more roles to fill.
    Personally the most interesting part of that is that someone made something called "Retcon Punch". Bwahahahahaha!

This is a really neat idea, but I'm trying to imagine how it could possibly play out. I mean, around issue 26 of the DCnU are we going to find out we've been punked, that this was the Crime Syndicate version of the DCU all along?

Quote Originally Posted by motorfirebox View Post
    This is a really neat idea, but I'm trying to imagine how it could possibly play out. I mean, around issue 26 of the DCnU are we going to find out we've been punked, that this was the Crime Syndicate version of the DCU all along?
    Issue 48. There's a reboot of some sort every 5 years, which is the perfect time to switch Earths. That gives you one year for an ultra-mega crossover.

In all honesty, I doubt DC would do that, but the fact that the new universe resembles the old Evil universe seems relatively poetic, given my opinion of the DCnU.
    Current Favorite DC Book: Calendar of Small Events
    Current Favorite Marvel Book: Hawkeye

I just took it as more of a "that Crime Syndicate DCAU Blu-Ray sold pretty well, so maybe we should import this asset into the main DCnU." I don't think the individual members or their back stories are going to match up exactly (though Owlman is looking pretty similar), but I believe H'el to be a combination of Bizarro and Ultraman for the New 52 in the same way someone here pointed out Kass Sage seems to be Scandal Savage mixed with Kate Spencer or Mary the Talon has parts of Cass Cain; ie DC is strip-mining their old characters for new creations and that as long as they end up with a team that has a kind of Mirror World version of each JL member for their new villian team then they don't really care how they get there. They're letting the main writer for each character introduce that character's villian counterpart through their own event and they will have them bond into a team at some point later.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
    Personally the most interesting part of that is that someone made something called "Retcon Punch". Bwahahahahaha!
    It's the only really good New 52-centric comics review site I know about. They do a little Marvel and a few independents but its a pretty fun, non-crowded place to talk new comics without deferring to the lowest common denominator like bigger sites.

Simple. They set a divergence point.

A story that goes one way for the main books and another way, resulting in the Crime Syndicate.

So the Crime Syndicate may well be, "What if the Trinity War had ended differently?"

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Lobdell said H'el isn't supposed to be Bizarro since he does eventually want to reintroduce him.
    [QUOTE=John M. Coker (Johnny C.);8992400]Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE![/QUOTE]