Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Morrison killing off Damian to end his run?

Re: Morrison killing off Damian to end his run?

Quote Originally Posted by J.R. LeMar View Post
    IIRC in JLA/Avengers Superman specifically said that the Marvel Earth appeared to be slightly smaller than the DC Earth, which explained why many of the fake DC cities and countries were missing.
    That's what I remember.
    My first novel is up Amazon Kindle at http://www.amazon.com/In-My-Brothers...8184334&sr=1-1

And now in paperback, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsmythe View Post
    That's what I remember.
    Marvel has fake countries and some cities as well but I recall the rationale being that Marvel's take the place of real world countries whereas DC's exist in addition to them.

So, for example, Latveria eats up a part of Romania in the Marvel Universe that borders Hungary in the real world.

Whereas Qurac exists on a landmass adjacent to Saudi Arabia in the DCU that doesn't exist in the real world, across from Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    Marvel has fake countries and some cities as well but I recall the rationale being that Marvel's take the place of real world countries whereas DC's exist in addition to them.

So, for example, Latveria eats up a part of Romania in the Marvel Universe that borders Hungary in the real world.

Whereas Qurac exists on a landmass adjacent to Saudi Arabia in the DCU that doesn't exist in the real world, across from Iran.
    They sort of mentioned this more in depth in the excellent JLA vs Avengers... that the DCU had a geographically larger earth in terms of land mass.

I always figured that if the DC Earth was bigger in size then the Marvel Earth, it followed that the Marvel Earth was bigger then the real Earth.

So Damien's supposed future activities would be relegated to a split and/or defunct timeline?

Seems to me that Morrison wouldn't so much kill Damian as do something timey-wimey weirdness hypertime weirdness with him.
    A Jewish seamstress in a steampunked Victorian London hires a consulting detective to solve a magical murder mystery.
    --The Curse of the Brimstone Contract by Corrina Lawson

Quote Originally Posted by Corrina View Post
    Seems to me that Morrison wouldn't so much kill Damian as do something timey-wimey weirdness hypertime weirdness with him.
    Sure. "Un-exist" him.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
    Sure. "Un-exist" him.
    I think it's more likely to be something like this:

We flash back to the future. Damian-Batman gets saved by Flash, Fury, Superman, Legionary, Nuklon, Jade, Obsidian, etc. Batman Incorporated has expanded to become Infinity Incorporated.

Bruce's lesson is that while expanding his family is a nice idea, looking beyond his family is a better idea. The problem in his thinking is "one brand to rule them all" instead of going for the multi-flavor variety pack. Diversity is the key to survival.

And we get a happily ever after future ending for Damian by Morrison before Snyder turns around and kills Damian off.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsmythe

Six years ago, Bruce was a vigilante without a gimmick as seen in zero issues.

Five years ago, Batman appeared, and joined the Justice Leagie.

Four years ago, apparently not caring that he's in the Justice League, the GCPD were still hunting Batman.
    They showed him as Batman when Damian was conceived in Inc #2. It wasn't contradicted in B and R #0 when Damian found his dad's cowl as a little kid. So yeaaaaah, DC made a big ol continuity snafu. It doesn't help that Damian has been shown as growing up at a normal rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffy
    So Damien's supposed future activities would be relegated to a split and/or defunct timeline?
    Just as much as Rotworld would be, I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrina
    I dunno if that'd happen. I don't see Damian going away when Morrison does either. He was originally just gonna hand off B and R to Tomasi and leave. He's said before he's in favor of not wanting to just kill them, but change them. I dunno, we'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE!

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beast Of Yucca Flats
    I'd say Damian may be safe under Morrison. I'm less optimistic for when he's gone, however.
    Look at the sales for Batman and Robin. Coupled with the fact he's immensely popular and easily led to violence? He'll be around for a long time unless he really is (however unlikely) killed in Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE!