Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Morrison killing off Damian to end his run?

Right Guy The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Re: Morrison killing off Damian to end his run?

I'd say Damian may be safe under Morrison. I'm less optimistic for when he's gone, however.
    http://twitter.com/#!/CreepingBeast

'"Kirby got a shitty contract too, so get over it' isn't a great tagline."
    -Ed Brubaker

Quote Originally Posted by Lester C. View Post
    That would mean that this version of Batman was in his early teens when he fathered the kid. Not that any of this matters the ages of Bat Family members has ALWAYS been wonky because they seem to age at different rates when compared to each other. In the old DCU Dick Grayson started out was Robin at 16, which was retconned in the 80s as 10 and ended the continuity in his late twenties. Batman started out in his late 30s and managed to get younger despite a short period in the 80s when he was complaining about his age after the massive popularity of Dark Knight Returns. Tim has had multiple 16th birthday parties while Stephanie Brown was always a couple years older but actually ended up younger than her Tim at the end. The people who started out on the wrong side of middle age, Alfred, Leslie and Jim haven't aged a day which is really noticable because Babs did age but at a slower rate than Nighwing because she was MUCH older than him a love intrest for Bruce until Dick got up. Had the old DCU gone on a few more years I think Nightwing would have actually been older than Batman.
    I think they established Bruce left on his travels when he was 18-19. I think he was in college a bit first. From The Dark Knight 0. I believe he's supposed to be 29 or 30 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester C. View Post
    Have they explained why Batman has a ten year old kid when he's been around for five years?

Quote Originally Posted by C.B. Nerdlinger View Post
    Batman Inc won't be at issue 11 by the time the 18s come out. It's 9 issues behind the first wave books.
    Ah, you're right, I thought that the Second Wave was only 6 issues behind but you are correct, sir. It's still true that, at this point, the only deaths that should resonate with Huntress are Damian (she's recently met him), Bruce (not gonna happen), or Selina (joining a Johns team book soon, so... not gonna happen). And with Batman, Inc being 9 issues behind Batman that would still put Batman, Inc at its 8th issue instead of 11th with only 4 more issues of his run to go. It's possible that he'd dedicate 4 issues to the aftermath of that, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
    Ah, you're right, I thought that the Second Wave was only 6 issues behind but you are correct, sir. It's still true that, at this point, the only deaths that should resonate with Huntress are Damian (she's recently met him), Bruce (not gonna happen), or Selina (joining a Johns team book soon, so... not gonna happen). And with Batman, Inc being 9 issues behind Batman that would still put Batman, Inc at its 8th issue instead of 11th with only 4 more issues of his run to go. It's possible that he'd dedicate 4 issues to the aftermath of that, I suppose.
    At this point I would almost be surprised if Alfred doesn't die.

Quote Originally Posted by Impulse View Post
    The zero month issues date him at being Batman for six years.
    Six years ago, Bruce was a vigilante without a gimmick as seen in zero issues.

Five years ago, Batman appeared, and joined the Justice Leagie.

Four years ago, apparently not caring that he's in the Justice League, the GCPD were still hunting Batman.
    My first novel is up Amazon Kindle at http://www.amazon.com/In-My-Brothers...8184334&sr=1-1

And now in paperback, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsmythe View Post
    Six years ago, Bruce was a vigilante without a gimmick as seen in zero issues.
    I can't remember which of the core Batman books it was, but one of the zero issues ended with Bruce returning to Wayne Manor, ready to enact his bat-plan.

When I think of the five year timeline, all the aging issues can be solved by the fact that I like to thinker that in the dcu there are 730 days in a year with 60 plus days in a month. I mean, as far as superhero comics go, that doesn't seem to be too far out of the question.
    "At the end of the day, it's just comic books." - Keith Giffen

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyKrackle View Post
    When I think of the five year timeline, all the aging issues can be solved by the fact that I like to thinker that in the dcu there are 730 days in a year with 60 plus days in a month. I mean, as far as superhero comics go, that doesn't seem to be too far out of the question.
    There was a great bit in JLA/Avengers when the heroes compared the two planet Earths with there being shock on the dc side that all the fake name countries/cities stories have taken place over the decades weren't there on the Marvel side which is an excat duplicate of our Earth only with heroes. Clearly the DCU planet earth is very different than our own Earth so they could easily have a much longer or shorter Earth Year depending on where their unique Earth is in relation to its sun.

IIRC in JLA/Avengers Superman specifically said that the Marvel Earth appeared to be slightly smaller than the DC Earth, which explained why many of the fake DC cities and countries were missing.