Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Morrison killing off Damian to end his run?

Banned

Re: Morrison killing off Damian to end his run?

Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerjock View Post
    Didn't he say he was supposed to die at the end of Batman & Son anyway, and his popularity convinced Morrison to keep him around?
    I seem to remember that, now that you mention it.

Have they explained why Batman has a ten year old kid when he's been around for five years?

Quote Originally Posted by Lester C. View Post
    Have they explained why Batman has a ten year old kid when he's been around for five years?
    I assume Damian was born while Bruce was in the Middle East training before he became Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by C.B. Nerdlinger View Post
    I assume Damian was born while Bruce was in the Middle East training before he became Batman.
    That would mean that this version of Batman was in his early teens when he fathered the kid. Not that any of this matters the ages of Bat Family members has ALWAYS been wonky because they seem to age at different rates when compared to each other. In the old DCU Dick Grayson started out was Robin at 16, which was retconned in the 80s as 10 and ended the continuity in his late twenties. Batman started out in his late 30s and managed to get younger despite a short period in the 80s when he was complaining about his age after the massive popularity of Dark Knight Returns. Tim has had multiple 16th birthday parties while Stephanie Brown was always a couple years older but actually ended up younger than her Tim at the end. The people who started out on the wrong side of middle age, Alfred, Leslie and Jim haven't aged a day which is really noticable because Babs did age but at a slower rate than Nighwing because she was MUCH older than him a love intrest for Bruce until Dick got up. Had the old DCU gone on a few more years I think Nightwing would have actually been older than Batman.

I believe that Damian was grown in a test tube faster than normal for a bit to explain the whole age problem.

At least, it's how I remember it. It's been a long long while since I read Batman (Basically stopped when Bruce took back the cowl from Dick )
    always be true to yourself

Being transgender is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Hawkeye View Post
    I believe that Damian was grown in a test tube faster than normal for a bit to explain the whole age problem.

At least, it's how I remember it. It's been a long long while since I read Batman (Basically stopped when Bruce took back the cowl from Dick )
    I remember a lot of people speculated that was the case but I don't recall it being confirmed. Damien was frequently seen in tubes but it was when Talia was replacing body parts he's injured. That said, they could easily use that as a get out for his age now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Impulse View Post
    I remember a lot of people speculated that was the case but I don't recall it being confirmed. Damien was frequently seen in tubes but it was when Talia was replacing body parts he's injured. That said, they could easily use that as a get out for his age now.
    He was "grown" in a artificial womb, if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison_Lad View Post
    He was "grown" in a artificial womb, if I recall correctly.
    Ah yes, that sounds familiar. "Grown" could be taken loosely - either general gestation or accelerated ageing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerjock View Post
    Didn't he say he was supposed to die at the end of Batman & Son anyway, and his popularity convinced Morrison to keep him around?
    He was supposed to die at the end of "Batman and Son," but Morrison kept him around. More because he liked writing about him then his popularity, because it wasn't until "Batman RIP" and Batman and Robin that he even got popular; the response to him in "Batman and Son" was not positive.

I thought that Batman had been doing the urban legend thing for longer then five years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwing263 View Post
    I thought that Batman had been doing the urban legend thing for longer then five years.
    The zero month issues date him at being Batman for six years.