BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: HIMYM to take it to the bottom of the Ninth

Re: HIMYM to take it to the bottom of the Ninth

Quote Originally Posted by mbstoner View Post
    I can't remember if I originally saw this here or another forum, but sometimes I think the show is going to end like this:

Bwah.

I've given upon this should. Should've done so a long time ago. I mean, this season and last season basically started the same. And its not just the lack of plot development, the show just isn't that funny any more. These characters have become caricatures, to the point that the comedy jokes don't work any more. I didn't watch the past few episodes but decided to give the hour long one a shot. I'm out.

Made

Quote Originally Posted by Ray G. View Post
    I think they need another season. We meet the mother at the end of this year and spend a year on the courtship, and then wrap it up. So this is definitely good news.
    That's exactly my thought on how it should go. And why Segel mostly changed his mind (other than I"m sure a lot of money). A proper ending for everyone is good incentive.

Right Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstoner View Post
    I can't remember if I originally saw this here or another forum, but sometimes I think the show is going to end like this:
    I kinda hope it ends like that.

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ chazbot's Avatar
    And then it'll get renewed for a tenth season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray G. View Post
    I think they need another season. We meet the mother at the end of this year and spend a year on the courtship, and then wrap it up. So this is definitely good news.
    I'd argue what it needed was to have that season of courtship be THIS season (or if there is a god who could turn back time, maybe a year or two ago).

So the extra season is good news perhaps in the sense that maybe that wrap up is needed, but bad in the sense that its almost like an affirmation of their greed (that they can extend a show way past its natural lifetime and yet still have people make excuses--even if partially legitimate ones--about why they need more).

Then again, what do I know. I still think M*A*S*H shouldn't have lasted almost 4 times as long as the war it portrayed (I'd have been happy with them stopping at twice as long--around the time it stopped being funny anyway).

I think this thread has convinced me to start watching the show again, especially now that there's an end in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Treacle View Post
    I think this thread has convinced me to start watching the show again, especially now that there's an end in sight.
    Watch the episode(s) from last week.

DON'T CRY.

Good luck.
    3DS FC: 4639-8959-1935

Quote Originally Posted by The Jack Rabbitt View Post
    clitwad!
    I root for two teams, The Red Sox and whoever beats the Yankees.
    Spoiler:

Something not right about the daughter being married and divorced, before we find out who the mother is...

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Lyndsy-F...ileid=breaking

So I decided to go through the dvds in anticipation of the new and last season coming up in a month, and I was listening to the commentary for Single Stamina.

At the end, NPH says that he thinks Barney will eventually get married - in Season 9, which he calls the jump the shark season. And here we are...
    People think I have got the power cause I've got the monkeys. Nope. I've got the power because I'll let the monkeys loose...

GIFSoup