Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Netflix Is Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Lester C.

Not free, but much better than ours. everything from buses to trains. Europe even has a high speed rail system that can get you from place to place quickly, we haveAmtrack which while better than nothing is light years behind the times and there are heavy restrictions to where you can travel.
    In Europe there isn't the same assumption that everyone has a car, so public transport is much more available than I gather is the norm for much of the USA. Not that it's perfect, but there's more of it.
    Life's an elevator. It goes up and down.

I live about 9 miles from Glasgow and I can buy a bus ticket that does me all day back and forth on the local bus network (for buses run by the McGill's company who run almost everything in my area) and it costs me £2.50 ($4.04) for a day ticket or £3 if purchased before 9am and £2.50 is pretty amazing to be able to travel around the local area. I often make the 19 mile round trip to Glasgow and it isn't uncommon for me to go to other local towns like Paisley and Renfrew too before going to Glasgow.

My parents have free Scotland wide free bus travel as pensioners and can get a discount on train tickets too. I can travel with my Dad for free on buses and pay a nominal fee for short distance train trips (less than 10 miles) as he is considered disabled and has a little symbol on his travel pass indicating this. These cards are called companion cards.

There are no train stations in my home town, probably because this is historically a village and increased massively after the rail infrastructure was designed.

The bus system is good though and the stop for Glasgow is just outside my front window. We have a 15 minute service for most of the day and the stops for Paisley and Clydebank are quite near at hand.
    Independence... Nah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen El

In Europe there isn't the same assumption that everyone has a car, so public transport is much more available than I gather is the norm for much of the USA. Not that it's perfect, but there's more of it.
    Yup,

Right Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsaucey
    Doctor Who and Breaking Bad owe my viewership to Netflix.
    I never would give American horror story a chanc while it was on fox and now I've watched every episode in a week.

Re: Netflix Is Awesome

I have Netflix streaming and I LOVE it. I can watch it on my X-box, my laptop, my phone, and my Samsung Galaxy Tab. Lots of great shows and movies and it isn't very expensive. I recommend it if my word means anything to anyone. lol
    Gail Simone Board's longest tenured member.

Follow me on Twitter!
    Follow my dog on Twitter!
    Add me on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by ssteve1011 View Post
    I never would give American horror story a chanc while it was on fox and now I've watched every episode in a week.
    I couldn't manage more than two a day before I was too confused and disturbed to go on.

I LOVE American Horror. My favorite show.

My brothers have Netflix at the family house. Pretty decent. Only thing that sucks is that our cable company's bandwidth seems to blow. I have the same cable company and I watch hulu and youtube without many errors including shows that are 45+ minutes long. But at the family Netflix usually craps out and we have to reset the router. Nothing like a 5 minute interruption during a show...
    Oh and if a mod would kindly delete the living hell out of this tread so I do not continue to look like a total tool, I'd appreciate it.

- a wise man

My comic - The Necropolis Chronicles - can be bought here:
    Issue 1, 24 pages:
    http://www.indyplanet.com/index.php?id=152
    Issue 2, 24 pages:
    http://www.indyplanet.com/index.php?id=151
    Book 2, 48 pages, all new story arc:
    http://www.indyplanet.com/index.php?id=4454

I love Ahs. When the new season started I had made plans to watch with a lady from the building since I knew she would like it and I don't have cable. That morning I was in the car with my rents and my dad brings it up and I could tell by his tone it wasn't something he liked but had heard of so I just said yeah I've heard of it and sat back as he went about slamming it.
    Hate me all you want, 95 % of the time I'm write.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonMasterJim View Post
    I LOVE American Horror. My favorite show.

My brothers have Netflix at the family house. Pretty decent. Only thing that sucks is that our cable company's bandwidth seems to blow. I have the same cable company and I watch hulu and youtube without many errors including shows that are 45+ minutes long. But at the family Netflix usually craps out and we have to reset the router. Nothing like a 5 minute interruption during a show...
    That sounds like either an oversold node, which is the fault of the cable company, or the router is going bad and needs to be replaced.