Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Netflix Is Awesome

Re: Netflix Is Awesome

Netflix is so wonderful for TV. I have many friends who told me, "I just can't get into TV shows," only to get into several quite heavily when they become available on Instant. It makes the whole thing so easy.

And I rather liked the American version of The Inbetweeners, actually. It couldn't match the American version of The Office (and it certainly wasn't an improvement like the American Being Human is), but it was leagues ahead of the American versions of Skins and Coupling.

Doctor Who and Breaking Bad owe my viewership to Netflix.
    Hate me all you want, 95 % of the time I'm write.

I always figured Netflicks would be a must own if I lived outside of the United States. I know it's a popular service here with damn good reason but it takes forever for us to download or even stream stuff here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester C. View Post
    I always figured Netflicks would be a must own if I lived outside of the United States. I know it's a popular service here with damn good reason but it takes forever for us to download or even stream stuff here.
    It should stream like a dream with your high-speed internet.
    I have the slowest non-dial-up known to man, but it still only takes about 30 seconds to load a movie or tv show.
    Hulu on the other hand, sucks.
    "Able to leap powerful bullets with a speeding bound!"

"Able to do powerful speed while on a single locomotive?"

"Just so you know...
    Y'all are weird."-Larry Dixon

Over here in the UK, I have 60mbps broadband and that is the second highest tier available, with 100mbps available from my ISP, Virgin Media and the top speed is going up to 120mbps very soon.

BT (British Telecom) are starting to roll out a service with 160mbps speed although they can't offer me anything above 7-10mbps at the moment where I live.
    Independence... Nah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Weeto View Post
    Over here in the UK, I have 60mbps broadband and that is the second highest tier available, with 100mbps available from my ISP, Virgin Media and the top speed is going up to 120mbps very soon.

BT (British Telecom) are starting to roll out a service with 160mbps speed although they can't offer me anything above 7-10mbps at the moment where I live.
    In America the hightest available to most people is Xfinity that has 27mbps. I have 3mbps which is pretty good around these parts.

Banned

Oooh! They now have "Lost Girl" streaming! YAY! I saw a couple episodes once, and liked the show, but I was already so far behind that there was no point to jumping in. Now, I can finally start from the beginning. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeto View Post

I know you people have a very high tax rate but you do get what you pay for. From what I read everything the goverment provides for you educaion, health care, mass transit, infrastructure on every level beats the shit out here. Not that I've been to the UK but everything I've read points out to the Anicent World being much more modern than the New World.

Transit is free? Like busses and the tube and stuff?
    Hate me all you want, 95 % of the time I'm write.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
    Transit is free? Like busses and the tube and stuff?
    Not free, but much better than ours. everything from buses to trains. Europe even has a high speed rail system that can get you from place to place quickly, we haveAmtrack which while better than nothing is light years behind the times and there are heavy restrictions to where you can travel.