Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Netflix Is Awesome

Netflix Is Awesome

They added a bunch of fake pages for the fake shows from Arrested Development.
    http://splitsider.com/2012/12/netfli...ws-and-movies/

Wishing Mock Trial with J Reinhold was a real thing.

Trouble Boy

Re: Netflix Is Awesome

I have the cheap 2 DVDs for $5.41 plan. Is it worth switching over to streaming, now that I have a Blu-Ray player?

I follow an unofficial Netflix instant Twitter that (is supposed to) tweet out the new stuff that comes on, and when I saw Girls With Low Self Esteem yesterday I laughed out loud on a train.

I'm using my brothers streaming account right now. I like watching shows on it but I would prefer to own the dvds so I could watch with comentary and such.
    Hate me all you want, 95 % of the time I'm write.

Streaming is great if you're open to trying movies you haven't heard of. You're not going to get a lot of box office hits but there's a ton of great stuff on there that often flies under the radar. It's also pretty good for television shows and documentaries. We're on a 3 disc plan and I probably watch more on streaming than I do on disc.

Right Guy The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Man, no Bud Court?
    http://twitter.com/#!/CreepingBeast

'"Kirby got a shitty contract too, so get over it' isn't a great tagline."
    -Ed Brubaker

Quote Originally Posted by The Funketeer View Post
    Streaming is great if you're open to trying movies you haven't heard of. You're not going to get a lot of box office hits but there's a ton of great stuff on there that often flies under the radar. It's also pretty good for television shows and documentaries. We're on a 3 disc plan and I probably watch more on streaming than I do on disc.
    There's also a good amount of foreign cinema, if you're into that.

There are box office hits. They just aren't on right away.
    Hate me all you want, 95 % of the time I'm write.

Netflix is streaming only in the UK.

I have Lovefilm too though. Lovefilm are a streaming and postal service that provide DVDs, Blu-Rays and games (although I don't have a games subscription) and they are currently owned by Amazon.

Lovefilm have a lot of up to dare Blu-Rays but they don't stream brand new releases sadly. I only really have Netflix because they have quite a lot of stuff that Lovefilm doesn't in terms of TV shows and some newer movies while Lovefilm have a far bigger selection overall.

Lovefilm and Netflix are having a bit of a war at the moment over here in the UK as Lovefilm are the established brand here while Netflix are the new boys in town. Netflix have been in the UK for about a year or so and Lovefilm have been around for several years.

They both Dvertise very heavily and Lovefilm seem to have a sales stand at every mall really pushing for business.

I found that Netflix was great for getting into TV series I hadn't seen before and I actually became an Inbetweeners fan (the original UK show rather than the shitty US version) and also got into shows like Nurse Jackie as well as watching Red Dwarf too, although I was already a huge fan as anyone who remembers my Mr Flibble hand puppet from the CBR days will already know.
    I am a spaceship.

MOO!