Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible new DC project from Gail to be announced soon?

Re: Possible new DC project from Gail to be announced soon?

Maybe Gail is taking over Suicide Squad, bringing in a few new characters? She gets Harley Quinn, Deadshot, King Shark, Amanda Waller...
    Join the Prime-Punch revolution!
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ead.php?210786

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering!

www.grayhavencomics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ray G.
    Maybe Gail is taking over Suicide Squad, bringing in a few new characters? She gets Harley Quinn, Deadshot, King Shark, Amanda Waller...
    Gail could make the Suicide Squad into a new version of the Secret Six. I think it would be a good fit as long as Gail has a little give on her leash and isn't reined in too much.

A Gail Simone Suicide Squad should be allowed to have the same edgy content that Secret Six had. That book very much bordered on mature content, something I actually like, as long as the books aren't just for cheap shock value.

Of course, nothing is certain and we don't know exactly what is happening in Gail's world at the moment and what direction she is heading in.
    Independence... Nah!!!

I primarily get my news from aintitcool even though Bleedingcool and Newsarama have more news I would enjoy. I just forget to go there usually. I even have them all three bookmarked. One of them does a top ten list that usually I disagree with. Not having Y the Last Man as the number one Vertigo series is a crime. On the subject of gail and dc I would really rather she abandoned them all together. I get it's the big two and all but I would rather she did something creator owned. Even if it was a rip of of birds or secret six. Hell that would almost be better. Pull a watchman and use the basic characters with new names in their own world.
    Hate me all you want, 95 % of the time I'm write.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    I was kinda hoping that Gail's next project wouldn't be at DC (unless it's Secret Six, or at least some of the core SS characters) but we'll wait and see. I want Gail to be able to run, run free!
    This I'm hoping she leaves DC. They always treat her like shit and then Do something nice to make up for it. Fuck them they don't deserve her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester C. View Post
    Like a regular person who reads tabloids to follow their celebrities, I read Bleeding cool but I have to call bullshit. In the article Rich says that Gail recently announced she was off Batgirl which isn't true, Rich announced that first then Gail was forced to respond later. I honestly feel that Rich is a journalist that has broken many important stories that has helped a great many people intimidated into silence, such as when he points out someone not getting paid and that person later getting paid, but the way he injects himself in stories and just runs with stuff without thinking of the consequences is not right. I love him, and I know he reads so I'm not talking behind his back, but the man needs a course in journalistic ethics.
    I wouldn't call Rich a journalist, per se, he's a blogger with a some inside sources and quite often he gets some interesting dirt ahead of the pack.

As I've said in other threads, I'm not buying anything of Gail's DC stuff because I don't like supporting the new 52, but I will cancel that rule if she announces one of three things.

1. New Spoiler series.
    2. New Cassandra Cain Series.
    3. New Teen Titans with the 80s cast, bringing back Donna Troy and Wally West.
    Living With Insanity - Because why else would you try to make comics?

Gemini Storm - My first published work. Free Issue #3 to anyone who gets their local store to stock the title.
    Just Another Day - Rock stars get killed.

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyKrackle View Post
    I don't care. I'm not on any yay or nay rich johnston bandwagons.
    I don't like how he allows trolls to say shit they like without intervening.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam63 View Post
    I don't like how he allows trolls to say shit they like without intervening.
    Yeah, let's just say quite a bit of the commenters on BC are assholes. There was one I saw where Frank Cho got a part of his house hit by a tree during hurricane sandy and some smchuck was like "too bad it didn't destroy his art". Just awful.
    "At the end of the day, it's just comic books." - Keith Giffen

I would actually like to see her do something away from DC. I think the two need a break, and I don't think either fully shut the door on the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shel Silverstein
    Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    My Mind's Eye

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyKrackle View Post
    Yeah, let's just say quite a bit of the commenters on BC are assholes. There was one I saw where Frank Cho got a part of his house hit by a tree during hurricane sandy and some smchuck was like "too bad it didn't destroy his art". Just awful.
    Good example.