Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Possible new DC project from Gail to be announced soon?

Re: Possible new DC project from Gail to be announced soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugin View Post
    GL:TAS is the only version of Hal who I haven't wanted to repeatedly punch in the face. I have no clue why people like him, but in the comics, when he opens his mouth I instinctively make a fist.
    He was really quite good back in the long ago before time, pre-Emerald Twilight. Or at least not irritating or kill-happy. Back in the days when Guy Gardner really was the big loose cannon, or even at times insane (there was this period when he'd suffered brain damage, pre-Crisis), Hal and John tended to be the strong mature ones.

Of course, back in those days, the Guardians were at most a tad stuffy, not creepily manipulative or (as now) outright evil. We hadn't had any of the retcons suggesting they'd lied about Krona and such (which is why I hated Ganthet's Tale) or the like. Heck, they even retired of their own volition because they felt that the time had come to step down, and went off with the Zamarons (who, at the time, had been revealed to be the females of the Guardian race, which I think isn't in continuity anymore) to make babies and crossover series like Millennium and the like.

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    The Zamarons are still Guardian females. They just became shown as taller blue people.
    [QUOTE=John M. Coker (Johnny C.);8992400]Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE![/QUOTE]

Ah. (But the Guardians themselves now have short blue females, I think because Kyle Rayner brought them back after they were killed?)

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChastMastr
    Ah. (But the Guardians themselves now have short blue females, I think because Kyle Rayner brought them back after they were killed?)
    That's correct.
    [QUOTE=John M. Coker (Johnny C.);8992400]Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE![/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Slewo.O View Post
    That's correct.
    Except Kyle wasn't recruited after Hal killed the Guardians anymore.

I could actually dig a partial reboot. But this one makes no sense to me because you're supposed to infer things that don't add up.

Yes, apart from DC changing their characters into people I don't like, I think their other biggest mistake with the new DCU was not coming out (a la the post-Crisis two-issue History of the DC Universe, the Secret Origins series, etc.) with a clear if rough backstory for the new universe, what groups and characters have definitely been around and in what teams and when, and so on. Was Tim Drake Robin, was J'Onn in the League, was there a prior Teen Titans, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray G. View Post
    Yeah, she was in the same situation as Steph well before the reboot.

Isn't it basically accepted that her story "continued in spirit" with Fallen Angel?
    Lee was supposed to be Linda for awhile, but when he moved the series to IDW, he made Lee someone else, a literal fallen angel named Liandra, who rebelled against God when he allowed the child she was protecting to die and then the killer got off with it. She ended up zapping him with her lightning powers in front of a group of humans, so God cast her out, and she ended up in Bete Noire, a Louisiana city that's one of the main energy points of the world, and the spot by which all dark energies on Earth are manipulated and controlled (the metaphysics in the series can be confusing). He did however use a version of Linda towards the end of the first IDW series, when Bete Noire was threatened by a demon. It was revealed that she had been the protector of the city for a time prior to Liandra taking over, and was in a mental institution for awhile because no one would believe her story. She disappeared towards the end of the story, and thanks to DC, has not appeared again in either the Rebirth or the Return of the Son arcs. What DC did is had her brought back for the Reign in Hell story, suggesting that when she retired from heroing she tried to disappear into a normal life. Shadowpact had become aware of her existence though and was trying to capture her because they were afraid that her powers were too intense to be left unregulated. She flipped, then got pulled into Hell, where it was revealed that the nature of her powers might have actually been demonic in origin as opposed to Angelic, and fled from the revelation, and that's where it was left at. Linda, still in Hell, trying to cope with the fact that her life was a lie. Which pissed me off, not because it happened, but because you don't do that and then not follow it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shel Silverstein
    Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    My Mind's Eye

Quote Originally Posted by ChastMastr View Post
    That was originally why there were little blue woman Guardians. But Geoff Johns started writing Guardian women into the <i>previous</i> volume of <i>Green Lantern</i> in flashbacks to Hal's first career as a Lantern. So the retcon of there always having been Guardian women goes all the way back to <i>Infinite Crisis</i>, even. (I don't think there were any such flashbacks before <i>IC</i>, but I could be wrong.)

I sometimes wish that a DC comic would be released that revealed that everything in the DCU from Identity Crisis onward was in fact a terrible dream.

Just like Dallas...
    Independence... Nah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyKrackle View Post
    I don't care. I'm not on any yay or nay rich johnston bandwagons.
    here ya go. . here's EXACTLY why I think Rich is a piece of garbage, and why I don't read "Bleeding Cool" and asked you why you bother going to his site:

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...-Bleeding-Cool

interesting read from the main BenBo
    "do what bert says" - Flamestar (c/o Ouzo Man)

A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer