Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Comics This Week (12/19/12)

Re: New Comics This Week (12/19/12)

Angel & Faith #17
    Happy #3
    Saga #8
    The Sixth Gun #27
    "Fascism should rightly be called Corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power." --Benito Mussolini

"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and to bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

Right Guy The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerjock View Post
    Is Happy worth checking out? I've been meaning to give it a look.
    I don't think crime/noir comes to Morrison quite as naturally as it does, say, for Ed Brubaker or John Arcudi (but to be fair, that may be the point; gotta work out those artistic muscles an' all), but it's a solid little book overall.
    http://twitter.com/#!/CreepingBeast

'"Kirby got a shitty contract too, so get over it' isn't a great tagline."
    -Ed Brubaker

Due to being in another province for the Holidays I have gotten no comics yesterday but I do have a few things held for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Scandal View Post
    I really am soooo glad that they did this issue about Maggie. There isn't much out there on her and I hope it continues. The art was just beautiful. As always. I am so buzzed about the next issue - Jan 23rd feels so far away!!!
    I, also, cannot wait for next month. Do you think we can get the next issue sooner if we show up at J.H. Williams' door with bags of money? Because I am totally willing to give that a shot.
    Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get a heck of a ride.

In my Imaginarium. The world between sleep and wakefulness.

Quote Originally Posted by JBK405 View Post
    I, also, cannot wait for next month. Do you think we can get the next issue sooner if we show up at J.H. Williams' door with bags of money? Because I am totally willing to give that a shot.
    You bring the loot and I'll bring a tub of sweets. JH will have to cave in then.

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." Lucy Lawless

I have read,

X-Factor 149. Leonard Kirk is back on art and I am loving it. Still not sold on Lorna's new look though. Hell on Earth War looks to be good.

Bravest Warriors 3. Love it. Love it. Love it.

FF 2. God what a gorgeous book. Now that the set up is out of the way, hopefully we can get something that mixes Allred and Fraction's storytelling styles.

Hawkeye 6. This is fan-freakin'-tastic. I have never been a fan of Hawkeye, like, ever. Now, its one of my favorite books and I love the character. At least when Fraction and Aja are at work. Comic craft in fine form. fine form indeed.

Finally starting to read some comics again to cheer myself up after a recent loss in the family. Here's what I got:

FF #2: I'm in love with this book - and I was so happy to finally see Miss Thing suit up. Loved the sequence regarding Medusa's breakfast.

Angel & Faith #17: Things feel like they're really about to take off in what, for me, has been the suprise hit of Buffy S9. I much preferred Buffy to Angel on TV and I wish her comic would have brought this level of quality for its S9 run. I was just recalling that weirdness with the Pearl & Nash flashback a few issues ago - can't wait to see how all of that ends up coming into play as we wind down. I have sorely missed Giles and Xander this season, though. I do respect that Buffy has never shied away from growth and change, but I do hope it returns to something like a status quo of Scooby Gang regulars in the near future. Buffy's title feels so lonely without her old supporting cast around.

Django Unchained #1: If this works as a movie even half as well as it does as a comic then I should have something to look forward to this Christmas day.

Wonder Woman #15: Really? Wesley Willis? Azz is just getting bizarre lately, with Deniro's Taxi Driver character showing up in Rorscach #3; he seems to be having fun piecing together his fictional universes in a way that mashes up gritty real world and film elements with comic book pop as if he were doing some punk rock take on those zany IDW crossovers. I did love this, though. Orion's design looks fantastic, so glad this was a Chiang issue.

Supergirl #15: I am just so glad this issue had an excuse, at least for a few pages, to use a design for H'el other than his awful, default, 90's-looking bullcrap. I felt they did extremely well for what they had to do with this tie-in but I just can't wait for this team to be able to get back to their own stories. This crossover event just sucks and I hope Andy Diggle and Scott Snyder being present in the Superman family books will mean that Lobdell is no longer steering the ship soon.

Still haven't gotten around to reading Sword Of Sorcery, Masks, Saga, He-Man, X-O Manowar, or America's Got Powers - I'm off tonight and tomorrow so that's something I can put my mind into instead of my current reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxdoom View Post
    Hawkeye 6. This is fan-freakin'-tastic. I have never been a fan of Hawkeye, like, ever. Now, its one of my favorite books and I love the character. At least when Fraction and Aja are at work. Comic craft in fine form. fine form indeed.
    Hawkeye is a cheap knock-off of a DC character that I can't stand. And I'm loving his solo series. That makes literally no sense to me, but it's true.
    Current Favorite DC Book: Calendar of Small Events
    Current Favorite Marvel Book: Hawkeye

Quote Originally Posted by Hugin View Post
    Hawkeye is a cheap knock-off of a DC character that I can't stand. And I'm loving his solo series. That makes literally no sense to me, but it's true.
    Exactly. I hate Green Arrow (except for on Justice League Unlimited. I actually kinda liked him there). I never got why people seemed to like Hawkeye. I hope Fraction and Aja stay for a long time. I want to love this book forever.