Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Dammit. Another school shooting, and this time right near me.

Re: Dammit. Another school shooting, and this time right near me.

I have no words.

I found this...helps a tiny bit:

"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." To this day, especially in times of "disaster," I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world."
    --Fred Rogers

http://fci.org/new-site/par-tragic-events.html

Just horrifying and sad. Definitely had to turn off the radio, too nauseating to keep listening to. Hearing another talking head or even some so called expert isn't really helping anything. Yah.. still choking back tears typing about it now..

Quote Originally Posted by The Xenos View Post
    Just horrifying and sad. Definitely had to turn off the radio, too nauseating to keep listening to. Hearing another talking head or even some so called expert isn't really helping anything. Yah.. still choking back tears typing about it now..
    I'm at work right now and I feel like crying. Just the thought of fucking KIDS having this happen to them is just too upsetting for words.

Maybe it'd be a good idea for me to turn off the news for the next three days or so. I'm going to want to throw something at the TV.

Oh fuck me running...I just had a horrible realization.

You know Fred Phelps and his clan of lunatics is going to get in on this.

Ugh ... you're right. They pulled their usual crap with us here at Va. Tech at a rededication ceremony to honor fallen former cadets and the same week as the 05/15 shootings anniversary here.

I kinda don't get the Columbine comparison. That was high school kids murdered by high school kids. I was in high school when it happened, but even adults at the time should be able to see the difference. That was sad.. but this is a whole other level. This is an adult murdering little kids The media of course is being stupid. The only thing that matters to these assholes it seems.. is body count. This sad incident reminds me more of that Amish school shooting or the one up at that camp in Norway. This is an adult with a gun going after kids. Can you be a more pathetic piece of shit? Well.. maybe.. there was another disgusting story locally where I woke up to hear on the radio about some piece of shit guy at his wife's unlicensed daycare center who supposedly molested and raped maybe up to a hundred kids.. and some of these were like babies. I cannot even wrap my head around that or come up with words to describe such human trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
    Oh fuck me running...I just had a horrible realization.

You know Fred Phelps and his clan of lunatics is going to get in on this.
    salt on the damn wounds.. eh.

And as an actual Christian who believes in forgiveness and turning the other cheek and as an American who believes in free speech... I disgustingly feel we need to allow that asshole to do it.

Some of the best coverage I've seen of the attack: http://registercitizen.com/