Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Dammit. Another school shooting, and this time right near me.

Dammit. Another school shooting, and this time right near me.

Apparently the shooter was a kids father at this school, and the son of a bitch killed the principal and the school psychologist, as well as a few kids. Next person near me who starts babbling about second amendment rights gets a punch in the throat.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2300831.html

Shooting at Grade School in Newtown, Conneticut

NEWTOWN, Conn.—
    Multiple people have been killed in a shooting at an elementary school. The number of dead is unclear, but there are at least 20 shooting victims. Many of the shootings took place in a kindergarten classroom, sources told the Hartford Courant. The gunman is reported dead.
    The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is still under way, says the man apparently had two guns.

The shooting was reported at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, in western Connecticut. State police say Newtown police called them at about 9:40 a.m. about the reports.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/s...,5185220.photo

Going to hug my boys when I get home tonight.

Re: Shooting at Grade School in Newtown, Conneticut

I saw the headline and the bottom dropped out of my stomach. (I'm in CT.) I can only imagine hearing that, yes, it is your child's school.

This is down near the CT shore. I don't even have words. These are kindergarten students!
    A Jewish seamstress in a steampunked Victorian London hires a consulting detective to solve a magical murder mystery.
    --The Curse of the Brimstone Contract by Corrina Lawson

Saying 26 dead, 18 children.

Most of the shooting was in a kindergarten.

Re: Dammit. Another school shooting, and this time right near me.

27, says the Hartford Courant.

I'm sick to my stomach now.
    A Jewish seamstress in a steampunked Victorian London hires a consulting detective to solve a magical murder mystery.

Apparently the Principal was one of the victims as well.
    The floggings will continue until morale improves. ~ anonymous

If the shooter came by the main office--and you have to do that to enter most schools now--then the school officials in the office are the first in the line of fire.

You have to be buzzed it at all my kid's schools. I don't know what happened here but most schools can see you when you ask to buzz in. So if this guy was visibly armed, they might have refused him entry and he might have shot his way inside. Reports are there was glass everywhere. Or there might be two shooters, though reports are all over the place. The Hartford Courant has facts I trust, and they're not confirming much now but the number of people killed and where parents who had kids at the school can pick them up.

I lost my Dad around Christmas time. But this...to lose a child or those who lost adult loved ones, like this...I'm near tears even contemplating it. It's utterly horrific.

All I can say to this, except voice my sentiments to the people suffering, is that this is a truly horrible year for this kind of stuff in the USA. I'm pretty sure there haven't been as many of those in one year ever before, not even counting the near-misses we've only heard a few of. Jesus...

Jesus Christ. I'm at a complete loss for words.

I don't actually believe in Hell, but if it exists the fucker who did this deserves to go straight there.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrina View Post
    If the shooter came by the main office--and you have to do that to enter most schools now--then the school officials in the office are the first in the line of fire.

You have to be buzzed it at all my kid's schools. I don't know what happened here but most schools can see you when you ask to buzz in. So if this guy was visibly armed, they might have refused him entry and he might have shot his way inside. Reports are there was glass everywhere. Or there might be two shooters, though reports are all over the place. The Hartford Courant has facts I trust, and they're not confirming much now but the number of people killed and where parents who had kids at the school can pick them up.

I lost my Dad around Christmas time. But this...to lose a child or those who lost adult loved ones, like this...I'm near tears even contemplating it. It's utterly horrific.
    They were saying 27 but now 26.
    Unofficial sources are saying the shooter was the father of one of the children in the school and he had an arguement with the principal right before the shooting.