Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Man of Steel trailer

Re: Man of Steel trailer

Quote Originally Posted by The Xenos View Post
    Plus it ended up turning Batman films themselves into pariah and dooming them into a reboot and putting any chance of Justice League or any DC films off into the farther future.....
    ...Except we got a Green Lantern movie (albeit a shitty one) while the Nolan series was still going and a Superman movie right after they ended. And a JLA movie that's been announced for 2015, so how they hell did they doom any DC movies until the "Far future".

I understand you get oddly upset whenever movies change things from the comics but whoa way to distort the facts.

The part where Clark's dad say he should have let kids die,made me angry.
    That is not how Superman was raised!!!
    http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2010-05-26/1274898144846.jpg

Friendship is being there when someone's feeling low and not being afraid to kick them.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
    The "takeoff" scene gave me nerdbumps.
    Dude, me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid2 View Post
    The part where Clark's dad say he should have let kids die,made me angry.
    That is not how Superman was raised!!!
    He said "maybe." "Maybe" Clark should have let them die. In what we can presume is a major moment of fear for him, with his son's alien-ness about to be exposed.

Anyway, as a big fan of Superman Returns, I'll always be kind of bummed that we never got to see Bryan Singer's Man of Steel, but I have to admit, after being very apprehensive about this when the director was announced, the teaser(s) really perked me up and this trailer has actually gotten me a bit excited.

Up until he took flight I felt like I was watching a trailer for Smallville and I was never interested enough in that show to watch a single episode and this is a very good thing. They are aiming this film at a people a lot younger than my 34 years, unlike the last film that was trying woo the people who saw the first series of films, who when they go to the show they catch an Eastwood flick. I think the movie is going to do very well despite the fact I have zero desire to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester C. View Post
    Up until he took flight I felt like I was watching a trailer for Smallville and I was never interested enough in that show to watch a single episode and this is a very good thing. They are aiming this film at a people a lot younger than my 34 years, unlike the last film that was trying woo the people who saw the first series of films, who when they go to the show they catch an Eastwood flick. I think the movie is going to do very well despite the fact I have zero desire to see it.
    Well.. Smallville.. or maybe moreso Tree of Life..

Though.. yeah.. I guess it's better than that last train wreck which tried to be a reboot for new fans and a remake and sequel for old ones.
    Last edited by The Xenos; 12-11-2012 at 11:08 AM.

I didn't like that line either...but will wait too see it in context before judging

Far better than the first trailer and I'm very much pleased they didn't show that awful shot of him breaking the sound barrier in it's entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerjock View Post
    ...Except we got a Green Lantern movie (albeit a shitty one) while the Nolan series was still going and a Superman movie right after they ended. And a JLA movie that's been announced for 2015, so how they hell did they doom any DC movies until the "Far future".

I understand you get oddly upset whenever movies change things from the comics but whoa way to distort the facts.
    Okay.. far future is exaggerating. It's still not intelligently designed the way Marvel is doing it. Green lantern might as well have been on another plane.. well.. it was on another planet.. but you get my point. Even if it wasn't shitty, there was no meshing with the huge hit of The Dark Knight. Sure DC is rebooting Batman with Justice League and have Superman leading up to it, but it is still wonky. Imagine if Marvel had to recast and reboot Iron Man in the Avengers film. I'm much more of a DC fanboy, but I am far far far more excited for the Marvel Studios films than any of the mess coming out of Warners.

I'd rather they focus on making good movies, to be honest. The Batman movies were huge hits in their own rights and I don't know many people who left the theater saying "Gee this would have been so much better if they'd had a cameo from Wonder Woman".

As for recasting? They did. They had to recast the Hulk and nobody cared. These characters have been around for decades and people are well aware there are multiple versions.

Quote Originally Posted by K-DoG7p7 View Post
    whats "real" about alien ships and superpowers?

I see 3 things in this trailer that the first teaser was missing, and 3 things that people will love

1: Its an origin story
    People hated superman Returns partly because it was not a NEW story.. it was a failed attempt at continuing the old story

2: BAD GUYS!
    No sign of Lex and there is actual fighting!

3: It didn't look like shit..
    Honestly it looks really cinematic
    EVERYONE has seen the origin of Superman. Kids in grade school and parents whose only exposure to comic books is from Big Bang Theory know the origin of Superman. Screw the origin story, give us Clark's first day at the Daily Planet and go from there.
    Current Favorite DC Book: Calendar of Small Events
    Current Favorite Marvel Book: Hawkeye