Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Man of Steel trailer

Re: Man of Steel trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Mwstattel View Post
    I would think with this being his third comicbook adaptation, Zack Snyder might want to reconsider adverstising to people that he directed Watchmen and 300.
    300 was a fairly big hit, even if the critics didn't like it. So if he's trying to put the bums in the seats that'd be a better way of doing it than reminding people he directed Watchmen or Sucker Punch.

I liked it.

It looks like a Superman movie should.

Also, hot hairy guy with a beard.

Oh and when I see real or dark about this movie, I mean the tone of it looks much more Nolan's Batman than say Iron Man.

Not saying it's good or bad or whatever, it's just a first for a Superman movie.

Why I said it's a wait and see for me (but yeah, that Jonathan Kent line still kinda bugs me )
    always be true to yourself

Being transgender is beautiful

Crap. Forgot about sucker punch

But yeah, save Lex for the JL movir

I liked Watchman and 300. I really don't get the hate.
    Hate me all you want, 95 % of the time I'm write.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamebird View Post
    Well, if that isn't the most depressing dreck I've seen in recent memory. . .
    What the hell is Super about that?
    Hm, I guess we watched two different trailers.

I didn't find it to be depressing at all, but rather I saw it to be more along the lines of personal growth and him trying to figure out who he really is. I saw just enough there to want to see a LOT more. I only wish there was more of Zod in the trailer.
    Last edited by Kevin T Brown; 12-11-2012 at 10:01 AM.
    The floggings will continue until morale improves. ~ anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by t.c.johnson View Post

You could even have him and the Injustice League!

I want to believe... a man can fly.

This is certainly the best trailer yet.. but the bits are so fleeting. And I don't know if I trust either Snyder or Nolan with Superman. Hell, I'm still torn with Nolan on Batman. Sure it was an interesting take on Batman, but it was a rather unconventional one and a horrible version of Bruce Wayne. Plus it ended up turning Batman films themselves into pariah and dooming them into a reboot and putting any chance of Justice League or any DC films off into the farther future. To say nothing of the general fuckupery (it's a word now) of Warner Brothers with their DC properties.

So.. I am afraid I cannot let myself get hopes up over this film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamebird View Post
    Well, if that isn't the most depressing dreck I've seen in recent memory. . .
    What the hell is Super about that?
    Get with the times gramps! Kids don't want happy heroes doing good. They want angsty anti-heroes who are crawlin in their skin with wounds that will not heal.

The "takeoff" scene gave me nerdbumps.

Quote Originally Posted by t.c.johnson View Post
    Eh. I think Lex should be there from movie one. If anything have him in the background.

Of course, I've had an idea for a Superman trilogy and possible JLA spinoff for years.

First have a movie with Superman vs Lex and Metallo with Intergang in the background and Superman thinking Lex is behind the tech. Set Lex up as a respected businessman, but he also has a hidden dark side where he is a scientist and arms dealer playing both sides. Really, with today's political climate, evil businessman Lex selling out America is more topical than ever. So Lex is the villian in the first film. We've yet to see a modern Lex Luthor on screen. Spacey and even Hackman were complete wastes of good actors on a goofy campy villain. Give us a real Lex Luthor! Even Smallville got that better than the films.

Yet the end of the movie reveals it's actually Braniac working with Lex. So the next one is Superman vs Bainiac, maybe have Kandor. Superman thinks Braniac is behind Intergang and its alien tech. Nope. Once Superman defeats Brainiac at the end, Braniac reveals there's a bigger threat then he. Maybe it's why Braniac was on Earth, Morrison kinda touched on this with his new run on action. There's something bigger coming to conquor Earth and Braniac was going to preserve it before that coming doom. And that doom has a name.. Darkseid. Then you would have Superman vs Darkseid or just go into a JLA movie.

Funny enough.. it seems Marvel pretty much did this with Thor's gods and Thanos and Avengers.