Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Man of Steel trailer

Man of Steel trailer

Re: Man of Steel trailer

Well, if that isn't the most depressing dreck I've seen in recent memory. . .
    What the hell is Super about that?
    "Able to leap powerful bullets with a speeding bound!"

"Able to do powerful speed while on a single locomotive?"

"Just so you know...
    Y'all are weird."-Larry Dixon

I kind of liked it. I appreciate the epic scale the movie seems to have. Whether there's anything else to recommend it remains to be seen.

It does look dark for sure.

Feels like they are going for a Nolan type superhero movie (not to mention a set up piece for a trilogy) and make it more "real" . With Superman, that kinda tricky to pull off however.

It's still a wait and see thing for me but I did have an issue with Jonathan Kent telling Clark that maybe he should have left those kids drown....
    always be true to yourself

Being transgender is beautiful

I like the trailer.

Normally I wouldn't have any hope for a Zack Snyder movie. He can do the big action sequences beautifully but he has shown a complete inability to do more smaller, more human scenes. He doesn't know how to work with his actors. (See Watchmen for a great example of this.)

But this trailer...intrigues me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Hawkeye View Post
    Feels like they are going for a Nolan type superhero movie (not to mention a set up piece for a trilogy) and make it more "real" . With Superman, that kinda tricky to pull off however.
    whats "real" about alien ships and superpowers?

I see 3 things in this trailer that the first teaser was missing, and 3 things that people will love

1: Its an origin story
    People hated superman Returns partly because it was not a NEW story.. it was a failed attempt at continuing the old story

2: BAD GUYS!
    No sign of Lex and there is actual fighting!

3: It didn't look like shit..
    Honestly it looks really cinematic

I think Lex needs to be a big offscreen presence through the presence of Lexcorp throughout the film. I think phones, cars, helicopters, etc, should all bear some kind of Lexcorp logo. Newspaper headlines could be about his stock prices or new advancements. Just keep the man himself offscreen for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    I think Lex needs to be a big offscreen presence through the presence of Lexcorp throughout the film. I think phones, cars, helicopters, etc, should all bear some kind of Lexcorp logo. Newspaper headlines could be about his stock prices or new advancements. Just keep the man himself offscreen for now.
    I am loving that and when he does show up (not in this one but perhaps the next..), no freaking real estate scams
    always be true to yourself

Being transgender is beautiful

I'm not really getting an overly-dark or realistic approach at all. I mean there are alien spaceships and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    Yup. Save him for a sequel, but I feel like one of the failings of the Superman films as a whole is too much Lex. I think in a modern context you need to give Superman someone he can actually hit, this time around. I think that might be why I liked Superman II so much.

I would think with this being his third comicbook adaptation, Zack Snyder might want to reconsider adverstising to people that he directed Watchmen and 300.