BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Gail Simone Fired From BATGIRL

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Aspmo
    The Genosha "death" was far more off-panel than the Wolverine death.

I figured that must have been it, but even granting for the Sublime element, it was still a wasted use of Magneto. And would have been an absurd use for which to have actually killed the character. The Xorn thing afterward may have been a debacle (though it really wasn't that prolonged), but Morrison's Magneto stuff was no big loss.
    It didn't really get resolved till Gillen did that .1 issue though and that was quite awhile after Planet X came out.

The arc itself was a big commentary about the constant circle the X-Men have with Magneto, that's why Morrison killed him. He ended the run the same way the run before him did, with Logan killing/crippling Magneto. And really, we're talking superhero comics, a resurrection is never impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE!

Re: Gail Simone Fired From BATGIRL

Quote Originally Posted by Slewo.O View Post
    It didn't really get resolved till Gillen did that .1 issue though and that was quite awhile after Planet X came out.
    The .1 issue didn't say anything that wasn't already indicated immediately after the Morrison run.

Quote Originally Posted by Slewo.O View Post
    The arc itself was a big commentary about the constant circle the X-Men have with Magneto, that's why Morrison killed him. He ended the run the same way the run before him did, with Logan killing/crippling Magneto. And really, we're talking superhero comics, a resurrection is never impossible.
    The resurrection doesn't contradict that meta commentary - in that respect, the death was supposed to have been undone, then.
    "Wait, it's [pronounced] 'Auss-mo', and that 'P' is silent?! Oh, eff you!" - Brian Michael Bendis

who cares about Morrison's X-Men run? this ain't the thread for that.

anyways, I think this was a terrible thing that DC did. This shouldn't be how you handle a departure. If DC's vision of a Batgirl comic didn't match Gail's, they should have hired someone else in the first place. That's a problem with a lot of the New 52. A lot of creative teams are already reshuffling. No long term planning at all

No, but it's okay, because I'm sure they'll put some awesome 90s writer on the title. Because that's what the New 52 is about.

New ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Lyon Goddard
    Quote Originally Posted by MACK!
    Thank you.
    you never drink, you wouldn't understand this love

Well, say what you like, but it's well known that CATMAN PENIS.

Sorry, I was thinking about something else just now.

Being a big fan of Simone's work, I am sad to see her leave Batgirl....but I look forward to following her onto future endeavors.

I do think there are plenty of talented established writers that can write Babs respectfully, and probably a few up and comers that Gail herself has inspired that would do well.

Forgive me if I am wrong....but arent writers under contract to write for DC in general and not specific titles? Is someone terminated if editorial wants to move them from Batgirl and assign them to write New Guardians? I just dont see where the "termination" is here unless Gail is now without a paycheck from DC.

Quote Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
    Being a big fan of Simone's work, I am sad to see her leave Batgirl....but I look forward to following her onto future endeavors.

I do think there are plenty of talented established writers that can write Babs respectfully, and probably a few up and comers that Gail herself has inspired that would do well.

Forgive me if I am wrong....but arent writers under contract to write for DC in general and not specific titles? Is someone terminated if editorial wants to move them from Batgirl and assign them to write New Guardians? I just dont see where the "termination" is here unless Gail is now without a paycheck from DC.

I am indeed now without a paycheck from DC. But that doesn't matter, I firmly believe DC has every right to hire and fire who they wish.
    There are nice ways to do it and crap ways, but in the end, they get to choose. That's the deal we all should know going in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy-Klone View Post
    First draft of TIP's eulogy:
    "And so we commit this hairy man to the ground. Like his beloved Cerebus, TIP passed from this mortal coil two issues sooner than we'd have preferred. We were never promised those final two issues. Life, like Sim, can be utterly indecipherable."

Quote Originally Posted by TIP View Post
    Tip, you just made me laugh my head off. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TIP View Post
    thats great. stealing it!