Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Gail leaving Batgirl?

Trouble Boy

Re: Gail leaving Batgirl?

Quote Originally Posted by JBK405 View Post
    Well, if you ask me, I think Todd is just trying to educate the world on his new diet of choice. Clearly he's going about it the wrong way, but I can at least appreciate his sincerity and urge to educate the people about the benefits of a hamster-based feeding pattern.
    lean meat. good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeto View Post
    I hope Gail doesn't go to Marvel.

Comparing DC to Marvel is like comparing a sirloin steak to balony. And Marvel are balony. Sure, DC can be a bit grisly and chewy at times but I think the sheer volume of decent characters and interesting titles they have way outnumbers what Marvel has.

Most of Marvel's characters are generic and dull in my opinion.
    I think both companies have their strong suits and their weak suits. Marvel always seems willing to do things with their characters that you don't expect, and set out to make their characters more human beings than demigods. That's been their strong suit since the 60's. DC on the other hand has longer tenured characters with more involved history and hence more areas to explore, and right now a more solid pool of writers to make those characters once again relatable, but they still sometimes seem to have to deal with the fact that to some people those characters seem old hat, status quo, basically bland.

Quote Originally Posted by NickT View Post
    Yeah, that is a real surprise to me. Not as a criticism of Thor, it's just not a character I thought would ever be that well recieved.
    If superheroes are modern myth, and people treat religious icons/mythological characters like superheroes already, making a mythological character into a literal superhero is guaranteed money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shel Silverstein
    Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    My Mind's Eye

I actually find Marvel a lot more circular than DC.

DC, Dick became Nightwing, he didn't go back to being Robin. Wally didn't revert to Kid Flash.

For all the temporary changes Marvel has made, Steve is Cap, Tony is Iron Man, Thor is Thor, etc. And really, does every mutant have the power to come back from the dead in addition to whatever their ability is?
    My first novel is up Amazon Kindle at http://www.amazon.com/In-My-Brothers...8184334&sr=1-1

And now in paperback, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsmythe View Post
    I actually find Marvel a lot more circular than DC.

DC, Dick became Nightwing, he didn't go back to being Robin. Wally didn't revert to Kid Flash.

For all the temporary changes Marvel has made, Steve is Cap, Tony is Iron Man, Thor is Thor, etc. And really, does every mutant have the power to come back from the dead in addition to whatever their ability is?
    We could also include that Peter is single again, and Magneto has gone from good to bad and back again enough times to give you whiplash.

Marvel DOES give a certain amount of forward momentum but it seems that it's only to their secondary characters.

And given Marvel's track record about hating to see their characters 'aging' I'm terrified about what may happen to Franklin and Valeria Richards somewhere down the line.
    A.K.A. Lailoni Prime Vesta (courtesy of Tom Stillwell)

My blog of random and often geeky things -- Compound Geekery!

Riding the rollercoaster at Six Flags over Armageddon

I would say Dick becoming Robin and Wally becoming Kid Flash again would really hurt their characters. It really sounds like a total demotion for the characters. I doubt, as a read, that I would respect either character returning to side-kick/junior status. DC does score points for sticking with Wally as Flash and not making Wally become another named speedster while returning Barry Allen to the mantle of Flash.

When I got into comics Rhodey had only recently become Iron Man. As a reader, I never felt this tenure was permanent. I haven't read Cap since the Mark Gruenwald days nor Thor so I can't really comment on those. I will say The Invisibl Woman will not go back to being The Invisible Girl. Waitaminute, I haven't read an FF book for a while. I may want to research that one...
    Oh and if a mod would kindly delete the living hell out of this tread so I do not continue to look like a total tool, I'd appreciate it.

- a wise man

My comic - The Necropolis Chronicles - can be bought here:
    Issue 1, 24 pages:
    http://www.indyplanet.com/index.php?id=152
    Issue 2, 24 pages:
    http://www.indyplanet.com/index.php?id=151
    Book 2, 48 pages, all new story arc:
    http://www.indyplanet.com/index.php?id=4454

Quote Originally Posted by Stressfactor View Post
    We could also include that Peter is single again, and Magneto has gone from good to bad and back again enough times to give you whiplash.

Marvel DOES give a certain amount of forward momentum but it seems that it's only to their secondary characters.

And given Marvel's track record about hating to see their characters 'aging' I'm terrified about what may happen to Franklin and Valeria Richards somewhere down the line.
    Kitty Pryde is a real issue here. To regress her character from her current age of around 18 or 19, maybe even 20? back a few years would really mess up her history. Yet when compared to Franklin or even other characters it is a real issue when one character shows age and the other doesn't.
    Oh and if a mod would kindly delete the living hell out of this tread so I do not continue to look like a total tool, I'd appreciate it.

- a wise man

My comic - The Necropolis Chronicles - can be bought here:
    Issue 1, 24 pages:
    http://www.indyplanet.com/index.php?id=152
    Issue 2, 24 pages:
    http://www.indyplanet.com/index.php?id=151
    Book 2, 48 pages, all new story arc:
    http://www.indyplanet.com/index.php?id=4454

I have not left Batgirl.

Trouble Boy

Well, that negates the thread LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone View Post
    I have not left Batgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone View Post
    I have not left Batgirl.
    Because Batgirl has left you! Work with me Gail, I have dreams of buying an audio novel by you narrated by either Carolyn McCormick or Justine Eyre.

/close thread.
    New blog Hop Scotch Friday - books, films and opinions.