KellySue Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NaNoNriMo 2012

Right, so here's the plan. First, a touch of back story. A couple months ago at my grandmother's funeral my cousin and I decided we were going to adapt my grandfather's World War 2 memoir. Everything was going slowly but surely until I got busy with school and work and going nowhere projects.

Here's the initial issue, this was written on a old word processor, the disk is now roached and all that remains is a photocopied dot matrix printout, 120 page's of dots and poor grammar. The first plan is to transcribe the original into an indexed document that my cousin and I will work with.

So, the plan, the finished script will likely take me years to complete but I think I can make a Na project out of the transcription. To date I've completed 35 pages and by the end of the Na I intend to be done with this phase.

That sounds like an awesome plan, and a good twist on the challenge.

Re: NaNoNriMo 2012

I signed up for NaNo officially after all. I am weak. WEAK!!

Kaz

I am so far behind in my word count it's not even funny, but this week I intend to catch up.

*gulp*

Anyone still NaNo-ing?

Kaz

I chickened out, found myself particularly uninspired. I used to be inspired all the damn time. I used to walk around with a dumb little notebook so I would never be caught inspired and unarmed. Now I'm old, cranky, and apparently nothing moves me to write anymore.

Jesus, that's sad.
    Funnybook of the Week - I read 'em, I rank 'em. Based on nothing more than my personal enjoyment.

Twitter Feed - Just as inane as a blog, but shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by SidekicksRevenge View Post
    I chickened out, found myself particularly uninspired. I used to be inspired all the damn time. I used to walk around with a dumb little notebook so I would never be caught inspired and unarmed. Now I'm old, cranky, and apparently nothing moves me to write anymore.

Jesus, that's sad.
    Being uninspired and chickening out are two different things, so maybe you're just going through a dry spell. Doesn't mean all that inspiration has gone for good. You just need to 'refill the well,' as the saying goes. I know it's easier said than done, but still...
    Kaz

My plan is moving slowly. November has not been the easiest of months so, that, I guess, is my excuse. Started to get back on track tonight though.

Quickly: I have completely fallen off the Nanowrimo wagon, but am ok with it.

New plans.

More soon.

Also - 400 words a day! I think that might be my sweet spot.

Quote Originally Posted by nickellis View Post
    Quickly: I have completely fallen off the Nanowrimo wagon, but am ok with it.

New plans.

More soon.

Also - 400 words a day! I think that might be my sweet spot.
    New plans... sounds interesting!

And 400 words a day sounds like a very sweet spot, indeed.

I'm way behind on my word count, too, but am gonna keep going until the bitter end. See if I can hit 30K.

Kaz