KellySue Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Thread: Spider-Woman and the Black Widow

Spider-Woman and the Black Widow

Hi Kelly Sue,
    I was happy that you did a team-up adventure between Spider-Man x Captain Marvel in Avenging Spider-Man. But my question is will we ever see a team-up adventure between Spider-Man/Peter Parker, Black Widow, and Spider-Woman working together in the near future as a flashback story? I always felt that the Black Widow and Spider-Woman should have been Spider-Man's crime fighting partners in the pages of Spider-Man long before the Black Cat made her debut in 1979. It has always disappointed me that no Spider-Man writer(aside from Stan Lee and Chris Claremont) were interested in using the Black Widow as a guest, followed by Spider-Woman.

In addition, I never understood why neither the Black Widow or Spider-Woman are a part of Spider-Man's world in the same manner as Julia Carpenter. I could actually see a longterm friendship develop between Jessica Drew x Natasha Romanoff towards Peter Parker respectively as it has with Carol Danvers. I would think that Spider-Woman and Black Widow would make for interesting crime fighting partners to the Black Cat. I just feel that Spidey's close friendship with a super heroine should be expanded to include Jessica and Natasha.

It would be nice to see more of Spider-Woman and Black Widow interacting with Peter Parker more so than not. Especially since Natasha and Jessica should have been two of Peter's closest friends in the same fashion as Betty Brant and Mary Jane. Don't you agree?

Re: Spider-Woman and the Black Widow

Not this forum too

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Comics are sexy!

People who buy comics are sexy!

Rod, Bartleby, and Spidey616 are sexy!

Twitter/Facebook/Comic Book League

I'm pretty sure this isn't a topic for Kelly Sue as she's not (currently) a regular Spider-Man writer.

Although, of course, you could check out Avengers Assemble #9 for some good times...

Cheers,
    Kaz
    Last edited by Karen Mahoney; 10-17-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Mahoney View Post
    I'm pretty sure this isn't a topic for Kelly Sue as she's not (currently) a regular Spider-Man writer.

Although, of course, you could check out Avengers Assemble #9 for some good times...

Cheers,
    Kaz
    Hi Kaz,
    I'll be sure to check out Avergers Assembled. Although Spider-Man is not part of that team. I like the way she handled the story between Spider-Man x Captain Marvel as it was not forced at all. I would love to see her apply that to Spider-Man x Spider-Woman as well as Spider-Man x Black Widow. However, since Peter Parker will no longer be Spider-Man after issue #700, it might be interesting to see if Kelly Sue could write an Avengers story that has Peter Parker in his civilian role offering technical support for Spider-Woman and Black Widow through his invention of new gadgets for them. But I have a feeling that that scenario will not happen. We just have to wait and see what ASM#700 have in store for Peter Parker.

Wish I could help man. Not my department.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Sue View Post
    Wish I could help man. Not my department.
    Thanks for the kind honesty, Kelly Sue. I hope that someday you would get the chance to do a mini series that involves Spider-Man/Peter Parker, Spider-Woman, and the Black Widow working together under the guiding eye of Madam Web(Julia Carpenter) as a possible flashback story before the events of Amazing Spider-Man #700. I have yet to see anyone attempt to make this type of team-up story happen because while there is going to be an upcoming team-up story between Spider-Woman x Hawkeye x Black Widow working together, I always felt that the Black Widow and Spider-Woman works best around Spider-Man and the us easy tension that they have towards him. That kind of situation would certainly create a dynamic that we have not seen before from a writer's perspective.