Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The TV Cancellation Topic (saucey will love this one)

Re: The TV Cancellation Topic (saucey will love this one)

Quote Originally Posted by zemo View Post
    Probably sounds petty, but I am kind of glad. I always get annoyed when British tv shows get completely re-shot for an American audience.
    I generally agree. Only exception that comes to mind is the US version of 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?'.

UK Inbetweeners was a terrific show that really didn't need to be remade. The themes transcended the British teen. The situations were pretty universal for western teens.
    "There seems to be something in the human condition that makes people dislike people that they think are different. If we could get rid of that, it'd be a better world" - Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by KJ!

I generally agree. Only exception that comes to mind is the US version of 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?'.

UK Inbetweeners was a terrific show that really didn't need to be remade. The themes transcended the British teen. The situations were pretty universal for western teens.
    There are a few other exceptions as well such as All In the Family, Sanford and Son, The Office, and American Idol IMO. But more often than not they take what's great about the concept and lose it to "make it better". Of course oblivious to what made it great to begin with.

I'm thankful they never did put out the US Vicar of Dibly they were working on for awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Briomega View Post
    So, Mark was right.

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Foolish Mortal's Avatar

It's somewhat sad to me that these reality shows, paint-by-number sitcoms and generic procedural dramas are dominating viewership now while high-concept stuff and serialized dramas are having such a difficult time finding an audience.
    Sites that may or may not interest you..

I'ma actually looking forward to the US version of Misfits. The original is great but not without deep flaws and it's the original writing team on the US version. Given that the entire UK cast has cycled over, the UK version is almost a remake of itself anyway. Hm. Seems Overman has moved on to look into doing a movie that crosses over the casts. I'd be down with that.

On the flipside, what I've seen of Law & Order UK is great and there are a handful of shows I'd like to see the Brits remake. That would include Community, although it would need an overhaul and probably a new title. I am really disappointed that Joss Whedon's BBC show about Giles from Buffy never happened.

In a really twisted, oblique sense, I can see The Thick of It as a British Parks & Rec inspiration in that it works as a kind of companion to their version of The Office about government life. Of course, it's national politics and has a swearing, sneaky Scottish tyrant in place of Leslie. Veep is seen by some as a U.S. remake, since it shares a creator. But I'd say P&R is to The Thick of It what US Office is to British Office.

Don't Trust The B has been pulled from ABC's line up and there are no plans to air the remaining 8 episodes anytime soon. Dreema and Krysten want the show to continue on another network. TBS has cancelled the wedding band meaning they have a slot open. Go for it TBS.
    Hate me all you want, 95 % of the time I'm write.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsaucey
    Don't Trust The B has been pulled from ABC's line up and there are no plans to air the remaining 8 episodes anytime soon. Dreema and Krysten want the show to continue on another network. TBS has cancelled the wedding band meaning they have a slot open. Go for it TBS.
    They could double it up with Cougar Town!
    Quote Originally Posted by Briomega View Post
    So, Mark was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark4myself View Post
    That would be a fun pairing.

wait. . "Don't trust the bitch" got pulled?

I thought it was doing well, and was considered a breakout show?
    "do what bert says" - Flamestar (c/o Ouzo Man)

A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

I believe it was a critical darling but not a ratings success.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark4myself View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. It's a match made in what ever layer of hell chloe and elle will end up in.
    Hate me all you want, 95 % of the time I'm write.