Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: saintsaucey's Sunday Viewing Schedule.

Re: saintsaucey's Sunday Viewing Schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison_Lad View Post
    So, I finally caught up with the "Revenge" premiere (gotta little behind on TV viewing). I'm digging this season, after just one episode! I mean, we all knew
    Spoilers:
    Victoria was alive
    -- so that was no surprise. Charlotte was great in this, and things are going to get interesting for her real soon from the looks of it.

And I just love how dark and cold Emily is, then immediately she smiles and looks all warm and friendly. She is one seriously badass character.
    Can someone sell me on this show? I tried watching it last year but I didn't just didn't see the point in watching a show that gave me all the answers I was looking for in the first ep.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bedlam66 View Post
    Can someone sell me on this show? I tried watching it last year but I didn't just didn't see the point in watching a show that gave me all the answers I was looking for in the first ep.
    Well, considering how many huge revelations and events there have been since that first episode, I'd say that you made some pretty big assumptions there.

And it's just ridiculously fun. The interaction between Emily (Emily Van Camp) and Victoria (Madeline Stowe) is worth it on its own, IMO. The show operates on a few different levels, sometimes in the same scene. It can be campy over-the-top, but deadly serious as well. There's lots of humor. And the cast is great, especially Van Camp, Stowe, and Gabriel Mann (who plays Emily's tech billionaire friend and co-conspirator Nolan).
    Last edited by Morrison_Lad; 10-03-2012 at 12:44 AM.

New OUAT and Revenge tonight. I figured out what the time jump was. They weren't investigating the plane crash in the one scene like I thought. They were investigating a murder on a boat. Interesting.
    Hate me all you want, 95 % of the time I'm write.

just caught up w/ the premiere of 666 Park Avenue.

I LOVED it.

lots, and lots of "holes" I see so far, but such a winning cast, I'm willing to overlook and give it time to try and address (something I was unable to do with "Revolution").

but i really enjoy the idea behind it, and we shall see where this goes.
    "do what bert says" - Flamestar (c/o Ouzo Man)

A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

Quote Originally Posted by Corrina View Post
    Ya'll need to be watching Copper. Best new show of the season.
    Agreed. I was unsure of it at first, but it's turned out to be pretty darn great.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrina View Post
    Corky is definitely someone to root for as the season continues. And the doctor and his wife as well.

As for Corky finding out about Annie lying, watch last night's episode.
    That was a damn fine episode last week.

So tonight is totally screwed on me with the football schedule.

9:00 Revenge / Two Hour Season Finale of Hell on Wheels
    9:30 The Good Wife
    10:00 Copper
    10:30 The Mentalist

I'll watch the latest halloween episode of the Simpsons tonight. Hopefully it will be better than the ones from recent years....

Cat
    always be true to yourself

Being transgender is beautiful

yeah. . whole line up for Fox is Halloween tonight (and the return of Cleveland Show (yay)), so in addition to my usual, I'm also recording Simpsons & Bob's Burgers.
    "do what bert says" - Flamestar (c/o Ouzo Man)

A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

Quote Originally Posted by J. Wilson View Post
    That was a damn fine episode last week.
    I love a show set in a historical period that reminds me that, no, these people don't react like people in our time. Annie's lying was bad but, then, people back then had no idea how childhood trauma could cause that kind of behavior, and Annie thought the man was her father. Doesn't make what she did right but it made the character a bit more three-dimensional for me.

But it's good to be reminded that Corky's mind doesn't think like our minds, either. And then there are the class differences, too.

Btw, I'm pretty convinced Corky's best buddy knows exactly what happened to his daughter and his wife.
    A Jewish seamstress in a steampunked Victorian London hires a consulting detective to solve a magical murder mystery.
    --The Curse of the Brimstone Contract by Corrina Lawson