Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Joe Kubert

RIP Joe Kubert

A terrific artist and human being, he will be missed. When I picture Hawkman it's always the Joe Kubert Hawkman... Was just admiring his inks on Nite Owl #2 a week or two ago... RIP

Re: RIP Joe Kubert

The ranks are thinning for the Joe Kubert era pros. As mentioned elsewhere already two other well known pros also passed on this day. One was Mark Gruenwald 16 years ago. The other Mike Wieringo 5 years back.

" He'll be missed greatly " is an understatement.

He was an enormous talent in the comics community and a really nice bloke too.

Meeting the guy the last time he was here is one of my fondest con memories.

I wish I hadn't been so awestruck so I could've had more of a conversation than " G'day " and " Thanks, sir " when he signed one of his books.

Cheers, mate.
    Last edited by Cam63; 08-13-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam63 View Post
    " He'll be missed greatly " is an understatement.

He was an enormous talent in the comics community and a really nice bloke too.

Meeting the guy the last time he was here is one of my fondest con memories.

I wish I hadn't been so awestruck so I could've had more of a conversation than " G'day " and " Thanks, sir " when he signed one of his books.

Cheers, mate.
    Yup you were the first person I thought to contact this morning when the news broke.

http://themomusreport.blogspot.com.a...sters-and.html
    New blog Hop Scotch Friday - books, films and opinions.

there is already a thread

It's OK, K'.

The man deserves more than one.

I read this last night. He was a giant in the industry and one of the most consistently talented and relevant creators in the field.

Banned

*sigh*

I don't really have more to say than that.

Damn. Gone too soon.. even at his age. He was still active and as creative as ever. I saw him just the other year and he was amazing. The projects he talked about from the past were adeed to by the stuff he was still putting out now. I regret not having picked up enpugh. There were a couple since as wll as the scores of his older catalog I hope to get and get signed if I got to see him at future cons, as he disn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon. Well.. none of us go on forever. Rest easy, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam63 View Post
    Oh goodness. Yes. I was the same way. And I jut caught him before wrapping up for a panel too. You're fumbling to get any words out. Also when I met the late Jerry Robinson too. You know they're just people too.. but their work is so prodigious and looming in your mind, you can hardly form words more than a syllable.

Right Guy The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Fuuuuuuuck.

Still, it was a very long life. And with achievements most would kill for, to boot.
    http://twitter.com/#!/CreepingBeast

'"Kirby got a shitty contract too, so get over it' isn't a great tagline."
    -Ed Brubaker