KellySue Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Official GHOST Thread

Re: The Official GHOST Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by beamish View Post
    Read it, loved it, want more. #dhghost
    Woo hoo! For what it's worth, the last of the three zero issue installments is my fav-fav-favorite.

I read it but didn't get it. Maybe it's cause I never read the orig stuff back in the day but I didn't know what the hell was going on at all. I'll pick up the next two though the art was awesome even if I couldn't follow the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Bedlam66
    I read it but didn't get it. Maybe it's cause I never read the orig stuff back in the day but I didn't know what the hell was going on at all. I'll pick up the next two though the art was awesome even if I couldn't follow the story.
    No, you shouldn't have to have read any of the prior material. If you couldn't follow it, then either I blew it or this is just not the book for you.

Can't please everyone; appreciate your honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Sue View Post
    No, you shouldn't have to have read any of the prior material. If you couldn't follow it, then either I blew it or this is just not the book for you.

Can't please everyone; appreciate your honesty.
    Well if that was the case then I'll give another read. I generally try to pick up your stuff because I tend to really like your writing. It's the reason I picked up the issue in the first place. I read it thinking that it was a continuation of the old Ghost series but it sounds like it's a new take on the char so maybe that's where I went wrong.

I'm so sad that I can't pick up my copy until the weekend. *sigh*

Kaz (waiting impatiently)

Nice, one-line review of DHP #13 on wizard is Oz:

Ghost, by Kelly Sue McCormick and Phil Noto (the second time I've seen his name this week) was a beautiful piece which could easily be a done in one (although I suspect it's set-up for its own ongoing)

Obviously there's an error in Kelly Sue's name (!), but I didn't feel right editing it when I'm quoting. Also, it's cool that someone who isn't familiar with her work enjoyed the 8 pages enough to feel it could stand alone.

Kaz

Quote Originally Posted by Bedlam66 View Post
    Well if that was the case then I'll give another read. I generally try to pick up your stuff because I tend to really like your writing. It's the reason I picked up the issue in the first place. I read it thinking that it was a continuation of the old Ghost series but it sounds like it's a new take on the char so maybe that's where I went wrong.
    No worries, man -- and no pressure! It's totally okay if this is just not your bag.

If another read doesn't do it, and you're wanting to be into it because of Phil's art, let me know -- I'm not above walking you through it.

(Again, I'll say that this is a 3-part story, the third of which is my favorite.)

Got it, loved it! Mr Noto *nailed* the style of a skeezy cable ghost-hunter show host. I loved it and it cracked me up. Haven't had a chance to read through again, but it was a very nice teaser.

N

I read it tonight, too. Finally!

Next month feels a long way off. *sigh* I really loved the start of this prequel to the main mini-series. Everything read beautifully, and it felt like KS and Phil have been working together forever. In a good way.

Kaz

Wow! I hadn't seen this before! Alex Ross variant cover for GHOST #1:

Does anyone know if this will be available through our LCS in the regular way? I heard somewhere that this might just be some kind of SDCC exclusive for retailers... (That might be old info, though.)

Kaz