Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Thread: The Tomb Raider Reboot Controversy.

Re: The Tomb Raider Reboot Controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
    The game producer is trying to sell us something similar with Lara. That the ordeal is making her stronger. But its bullcrap, because these writers don't seem to understand that not-so-subtle difference. You want to root for a hero getting stronger. You should never have to start from a point of feeling you have to protect them. There are other stories, with characters who are victims. Tell those in a different medium than an action game. After all... there's always Lifetime movies of the week.
    Or to put it another way Spiff, this is Lara Croft not River Tam, who, by the way, is always a going to be a mess. Don't get me wrong, I like River, but not every action girl or even dark action girl has to be River.

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

Best line I heard about this so far.

"what's next, will we get a reboot game where Duke Nukem is Young Amish boy who wanders into a strip club?"

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

Duke Nukem: Rumspringa

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EmarAndZeb View Post
    Duke Nukem: Rumspringa
    I'd buy the fuck out of that game.

Trouble Boy

Reviving this thread to share a hugely powerful article I saw trending on twitter today:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...766-The-R-Word

I don't have a lot to say after reading it, just kinda absorbing it still, but wanted to share. Everyone's talked so much about people's freedom to say what they want, but this phenomenon has nothing to do with the law really. The law is just a tool. We don't need the law to KNOW, as individuals, that stealing is wrong. That murder is wrong. We shouldn't need the law and whether or not we have the 'right' to say something in order to know its WRONG to do so just because we can, without caring how anyone else is affected. Words have power. They should be used responsibly. Whether or not someone else is policing how we use them should be irrelevant. We should all be responsible for policing ourselves, not waiting for the law to do it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    Best line I heard about this so far.

"what's next, will we get a reboot game where Duke Nukem is Young Amish boy who wanders into a strip club?"
    Make it a sand box rpg in the style of Shenmue I'd buy it too.

Quote Originally Posted by KalenO View Post
    Reviving this thread to share a hugely powerful article I saw trending on twitter today:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...766-The-R-Word

I don't have a lot to say after reading it, just kinda absorbing it still, but wanted to share. Everyone's talked so much about people's freedom to say what they want, but this phenomenon has nothing to do with the law really. The law is just a tool. We don't need the law to KNOW, as individuals, that stealing is wrong. That murder is wrong. We shouldn't need the law and whether or not we have the 'right' to say something in order to know its WRONG to do so just because we can, without caring how anyone else is affected. Words have power. They should be used responsibly. Whether or not someone else is policing how we use them should be irrelevant. We should all be responsible for policing ourselves, not waiting for the law to do it for us.
    I always say that the law is the smallest common denominator necessary to keep society functioning, I think we all should straive to have our morals a bit higher than that.

Well it's due out next week, who is getting it?

Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”

Quote Originally Posted by afroloq View Post
    Waiting to hear how it is. Like the idea of Tomb Raider more than the execution it feels like, not sure it needed a reboot but get that it's not like it was sales-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by afroloq View Post
    I don't how it can be better than Far Cry 3, which has a comparable setting. I guess there are the puzzles, but I never liked them too much about the franchise anyway. And there is obviously still the stupid pretense that a strong character (woman) has to be broken down and built up from ground in order to make them more relatable.